Axe-Fx III Firmware 23.00 Public Beta #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only thing that comes after the output meters is analog stuff — including the output knob. At that point, the firmware is not involved, so the firmware couldn't have been the problem.

Yeah, but you said...

And turning the knob fixed it. :) You weren't turning down the knob after every attempt to fix it. It was already down when you turned it up.

No shame. Really. Everyone here has done the same thing, even though we all assumed that we could "turn a damn knob." :)
Ok it wasn’t the case but say it was. I’m sitting here and can toggle it off and on with Output Two “D”. If I go back to beta 1 it doesn’t matter which way it is, still have sound. I don’t guess it matters as long as it works BUT I also found it strange because I also knew what you just said in your first paragraph and did nothing except load Beta 2. As long as it works I guess.
And also I appreciate the timely, friendly, non-condescending response.

I’m sitting here and can toggle it off and on with Output Two “D”.
I'm guessing Rex may have thought you were talking about the Out 2 Level knob. I verified the problem you described:

With "Copy Output 1" enabled in I/O: Audio: Output 2 Configuration, placing the Out 2 block in the grid won't override the copy function (for the analog Output 2 jacks) in this latest beta.

Also, SPDIF out will still get the Out 2 block signal if SPDIF/AES Out Source = Output 2, but it doesn't get the Out 1 signal with Copy Output 1 on and no Output 2 block in the preset. It seems like this could be improved to be more useful and less confusing: If SPDIF/AES source = Output 2, just make SPDIF/AES have the same signal as the analog Out 2 jacks, whether it's a copy of Out 1 or an Output 2 block in the preset.

I'm guessing Rex may have thought you were talking about the Out 2 Level knob. I verified the problem you described:

With "Copy Output 1" enabled in I/O: Audio: Output 2 Configuration, placing the Out 2 block in the grid won't override the copy function (for the analog Output 2 jacks) in this latest beta.

Also, SPDIF out will still get the Out 2 block signal if SPDIF/AES Out Source = Output 2, but it doesn't get the Out 1 signal with Copy Output 1 on and no Output 2 block in the preset. It seems like this could be improved to be more useful and less confusing: If SPDIF/AES source = Output 2, just make SPDIF/AES have the same signal as the analog Out 2 jacks, whether it's a copy of Out 1 or an Output 2 block in the preset.
There it is! Now I get it. Rex may have not understood…my problem is trying to be brief and concise when I might need to go ahead and write the more detailed question. But he did try to help! And I thank you for confirming that something did change and I wasn’t totally stupid…just a little.😉

I'm guessing Rex may have thought you were talking about the Out 2 Level knob.
Indeed. I’ve seen it so many times on the forum that my response was pretty much automatic. Knowing that’s not the case changes everything.

Ok it wasn’t the case but say it was. I’m sitting here and can toggle it off and on with Output Two “D”. If I go back to beta 1 it doesn’t matter which way it is, still have sound. I don’t guess it matters as long as it works BUT I also found it strange because I also knew what you just said in your first paragraph and did nothing except load Beta 2. As long as it works I guess.
And also I appreciate the timely, friendly, non-condescending response.
Okay, I didn’t realize that, either. I’ll just sit here and watch the parade pass by. :)

Maybe the "spring Drive" is the dwell knob?
I do wonder if Cliff @FractalAudio modelled a genuine 6g15 or a reissue.
The original used a 6K6 driver tube, the reissue a 6v6.
More info below.

http://wiki.surfguitar101.com/ReverbFaq

The reissue schematic:
https://www.thetubestore.com/lib/thetubestore/schematics/Fender/Fender-63-Reverb-Schematic.pdf

The original schematic:
https://www.thetubestore.com/lib/thetubestore/schematics/Fender/Fender-Reverb-6G15-Schematic.pdf
If I remember correctly, dwell is the duration of the reverb. I'm sure there's a way to control that but most of those oldreverb boxes had that knob I think…

Indeed. I’ve seen it so many times on the forum that my response was pretty much automatic. Knowing that’s not the case changes everything.
Yeah I’ve seen the questions…I try to glean all problem questions so as not to be repetitive. Pretty sure I’ve used one or two of the “Rex said…” before!
One time couldn’t get volume at my FRFR no matter what…until it hit me I was stepping on the EV dedicated to Wah right beside the one dedicated to Master Volume…duh!
Could be worse, I could be on the Wish page asking for new amp or pedal!
Thanks again

Reactions: Rex

So that definitely sounds like a bug!

Hey this sounds great. I am still on Beta 1. I have several presets with spring verb. What do you guys and gals recommend if I have a gig on Halloween and minimal time between now and then to tweak settings. Upgrade now or have you had to re-tweak many presets? Note: I use Friedmans for many of my high gain presets. Fenders for many clean presets.

Hey this sounds great. I am still on Beta 1. I have several presets with spring verb. What do you guys and gals recommend if I have a gig on Halloween and minimal time between now and then to tweak settings. Upgrade now or have you had to re-tweak many presets? Note: I use Friedmans for many of my high gain presets. Fenders for many clean presets.
Back up everything, and then upgrade. If you find yourself tweaking too much, revert to the previous firmware, and restore your backups. You're right back where you started.

Last edited:

That IO matrix in the wish list sounds great right about now 😉

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom