Axe-Fx III Firmware 23.00 Public Beta #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stereo Spread controls the "width" of the Reverb output. It has nothing to do with the input source being mono or stereo.

Yes i know, with stereo spread we can dial in the amount of the „side“ part of a stereo signal, from mono (0%) to stereo (100%) and beyond (100%+). But if a Block Type Output is Mono, this parameter is doing nothing.

I know also the trick to use two blocks in parallel to get a stereo Spring Reverb - but i am also thinking to my FM3😉😚! But i understand completely as cliff mentioned that the cpu usage is to high for a stereo algo!

I've finally had time to compare the old and the new JS, which is the amp I use around 80% of the time.

The old model had a darker character, but the brightness on the new model is very welcome. I also note an extra punch on the mids at the new model, which I like. I consider it an improvement.

I've made the comparison playing over old DAW recordings. I am not going to waste time re-installing the old FW in order to make accurate A/B comparisons because I think I am OK with the new model.

Of course, I would welcome the return of the old model. But first I would prefer that El Maestro dedicates his resources to improve some little nuances from the wish list. e.g.: https://forum.fractalaudio.com/thre...-as-sources-for-the-envelope-follower.155512/ :cool:

https://forum.fractalaudio.com/thre...re-amping-or-with-looper.155099/#post-1845649

Last edited:
Possible bug. In beta2 when I switch Output 1 in mute (in setup-audio) it also mute usb out. Usually I prefer to listen thru the daw for equing and room simulation for headphones so I mute Out1.

I've tried do downgrade to beta1 and the normal behavior come back '.

AxeFx3 mk2 Turbo

EDIT. Just double checked, upgrade to beta2, problem come back.

Has anyone else noticed this problem?

Possible bug. In beta2 when I switch Output 1 in mute (in setup-audio) it also mute usb out. Usually I prefer to listen thru the daw for equing and room simulation for headphones so I mute Out1.

I've tried do downgrade to beta1 and the normal behavior come back '.

AxeFx3 mk2 Turbo

EDIT. Just double checked, upgrade to beta2, problem come back.

Confirmed. That causes problems with re-amping.

@FractalAudio is like the Amazon of proactive updates. user: hmph, I seem to be having an issu...Fractal: It's already been fixed. did you just think of it? Its already done. Like delivery at your door when you were just browsing at the item pondering the purchase!
Someone managed to smuggle out pictures of a secret project in the basement at Fractal Audio Systems. I hear they're calling it "Prebug". (Ignore the Minority Report logo, I don't know how that got there....)
prebug.jpgPrebug 2.jpg

So I loaded Beta 2 the other day went through the process, then loaded dyna-cabs and went through the process. Didn't have time to test it but tried it a minute ago and get NO SOUND from Output 2 which goes to my monitors AND I'm getting NO signal to Output 1 which goes to my FRFR on any version. Is it possible I've hit something in deep dive that turned off Output one??
Help me mommy!

Last edited:
Any idea why the attached preset will only load for FW 23.00Beta2 and not 22.01 or 23.00Beta1? I built this preset shortly after the REVV amp was introduced a few FW version ago. I shared this preset with another user currently on FW 22.01 and it won't load. I rolled back my FW to FW 22.01 and 23.00B1, and the preset is blank when I load it up in AxeEdit.

Attachments

• TM Revv 23.00.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 3
Any idea why the attached preset will only load for FW 23.00Beta2 and not 22.01 or 23.00Beta1? I built this preset shortly after the REVV amp was introduced a few FW version ago. I shared this preset with another user currently on FW 22.01 and it won't load. I rolled back my FW to FW 22.01 and 23.00B1, and the preset is blank when I load it up in AxeEdit.

Are you sure you haven't saved in 23b2? I have tweaked an old preset and saved in fw 23b2. After downgrade to beta1 the preset is visible in the list but it's blank. Reupgrade to 23b2 and it come back to work.

I think you have to be using firmware that's at least as recent as what made the preset. It won't understand it otherwise.

Are you sure you haven't saved in 23b2? I have tweaked an old preset and saved in fw 23b2. After downgrade to beta1 the preset is visible in the list but it's blank. Reupgrade to 23b2 and it come back to work.
Apologies. I didn't state the issue very clearly. It works fine for me. I made the preset several FW versions ago and I've only changed the number on the preset to match the FW that way I know what FW it is current with. I shared it with a friend and it won't load on his AxeFX3 on FW 22.01. I've provided other older presets and regardless of what FW version they load just fine on his AxeFX.

Apologies. I didn't state the issue very clearly. It works fine for me. I made the preset several FW versions ago and I've only changed the number on the preset to match the FW that way I know what FW it is current with. I shared it with a friend and it won't load on his AxeFX3 on FW 22.01. I've provided other older presets and regardless of what FW version they load just fine on his AxeFX.
If you change the name you have to save the preset, don't you? So.. It's saved in the new firmware version, even if you haven't tweaked any other parameters.

If you change the name you have to save the preset, don't you? So.. It's saved in the new firmware version, even if you haven't tweaked any other parameters.
Correct. I do save them even if the only thing that is changed is the number to match the current FW.

I like the new spring Reverbs - very tasteful.
Sadly they are all Mono. A long Time ago i had a AKG BX15 Spring Reverb, this could be used in 2Ch/Stereo and maybe its possible to turn e.g. the Studio Spring Type etc. in to a stereo algo, that would be very nice.
Also there is a Stereo Spread Parameter in the Reverb Block (also in the Spring Types) which is useless with a mono source.
So there would be a much greater benefit from a stereo Spring Reverb.
I love Spring in MONO, but in seudo MONO. Like if you are hearing a combo in a room. But a full stereo spring sound unnatural to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom