Axe-Fx III Firmware 23.00 Public Beta #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I just installed it and noticed that whenever I choose a PRESET it will show the "Edited" indicator on both Axe Edit and Front Panel. Even if I save it, when I go back to that preset it will show "Edited". Is this normal or expected behavior?

Reactions: BTU
Hi, I just installed it and noticed that whenever I choose a PRESET it will show the "Edited" indicator on both Axe Edit and Front Panel. Even if I save it, when I go back to that preset it will show "Edited". Is this normal or expected behavior?
It's been discussed earlier in the thread:

https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/axe-fx-iii-firmware-23-00-public-beta-2.198814/post-2473253

Still not clear to me if it's expected.

If you have a Reverb block in your preset and there's a channel with a Spring type, it is expected. Check the Release Notes in they first post.

Thanks for bringing this up. It is happening to presets that have no "reverb" blocks on them.
There are some settings from older firmware that can cause this, too.

Is it possible you just noticed it but it was happening before?

What firmware were you on previously?

You can try reverting to that version and see if it still happens...

I finally had some time to play with the new spring reverb.
At the moment I just used the Tube Reverb (Fender 6G15 outboard tank)
I like the sound. It drips alright!

I did notice a volume boost when turning the tone knob, on the "spring tab" down to zero.
Something my (nineties reissue) 6G15 doesn't do.
Is this a possible bug? @FractalAudio

Thank you very much for all your hard work.
Much appreciated.

Attachments

• IIIMk2-6G15.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 9
What differences are you noting?

The first model to me was so dark I couldn't get much range out of it at all without modding it. And I tried it many times when I had pickups installed that made my guitar unbearably bright at the time!

But the production model is awesome to my ears without any deep tweaks. As a layman it makes me feel like it's a badass flavor of the JVM410H, and I feel like it has a very wide usable range. The tone kind of feels like the background music to a righteous ass kicking.

And I would imagine Joe owns at least one of these too; I'm conjecturing both models are probably Joe's personal amps, but the first was a prototype and the current model is what's in stores now, with different component values. Maybe he sent in the first one because it's unusual in it's darkness for a Marshall; it always made me think of a rock 'n roll Dual Rectifier. And of course it goes without saying it's unbelievably awesome too be able to plug into the oddball one-offs that the most creative guitarists own.

I finally had some time to play with the new spring reverb.
At the moment I just used the Tube Reverb (Fender 6G15 outboard tank)
I like the sound. It drips alright!

I did notice a volume boost when turning the tone knob, on the "spring tab" down to zero.
Something my (nineties reissue) 6G15 doesn't do.
Is this a possible bug? @FractalAudio

Thank you very much for all your hard work.
Much appreciated.
This has been fixed for the next release. I was trying to be too clever and normalize the gain at infinity.

I like the new spring Reverbs - very tasteful.
Sadly they are all Mono. A long Time ago i had a AKG BX15 Spring Reverb, this could be used in 2Ch/Stereo and maybe its possible to turn e.g. the Studio Spring Type etc. in to a stereo algo, that would be very nice.
Also there is a Stereo Spread Parameter in the Reverb Block (also in the Spring Types) which is useless with a mono source.
So there would be a much greater benefit from a stereo Spring Reverb.

Finally had some time to play guitar and download this beta.

MAN the spring reverb are SO good. Got lost in the sauce with the deluxe spring at 40% pre ac30 and the strato big verb after the cab mixed in a little.

Extremely well done!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom