Axe-Fx III Firmware 23.00 Public Beta #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well Cliff can disclose if he wants to. I would assume it was some components that have drifted and thus no longer sound as bright as the current production models.

My guess would be that Satriani wanted his personal one darker than what Marshall felt was appropriate for a production model.

I'd tried the JS model in the past and always passed on it preferring other higher gain Marshall based models (or lower gain model + drive). Trying out the new Green and Lead JS channels here though, I'm really liking it now (have no clue about the differences between the production one and JS personal one - other than it's interesting Marshall makes a production signature amp to give the masses the sound of JS's amp but it appearently doesn't sound like JS's amp lol! (never been a fan of the whole signature gear thing:rolleyes:)).

Last edited:
Well Cliff can disclose if he wants to. I would assume it was some components that have drifted and thus no longer sound as bright as the current production models.
I don't think it's due to drifting as these heads are not that old. I'd probably guess the head modeled was one of the prototypes where they've tried many different things before ending up on the production specs. Joe might have kept the prototypes around because he enjoyed them for some uses or just for fun.

Is your audio output going through USB or AES/SPDIF? Those aren't gapless according to the release notes. Only analog out for beta 1.
That must’ve been added after I updated. I’m using SPDIF and hear audio pops when changing amp channels.

People wanted the tone they could get from theirs.
FTFY: "some". "Some" people :)
To quote a classic:
1696598485448.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom