Axe-Fx III Firmware 23.00 Public Beta #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spongyness between the transients, deglazé of the tube cathode, macerated bass, unleavened mids, tempered highs, velouted compression, molecular spherification of the timbre
Ralph Fiennes Smile GIF by Searchlight Pictures
No caramelization of anything? Meh! Toss it back!

https://www.fractalaudio.com/downlo...xe-fx-3/23p0/axefxiii_dsp_rel_23p00_beta1.zip

Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Notes​

Improved Amp block triode algorithm.

Updated all JS410 Lead models based on a current production JVM410HJS.

Added JS410 Lead Green amp model.

Added Pitch High Cut parameter to Reverb block. This can be used to darken/brighten the pitch-shifted component of the reverb.

Added Smoothing parameter to Cabinet block in Dyna-Cab mode.

Preset, Scene and Channel changes are now gapless.

NOTE: Seamless switching is currently not implemented on the USB and SPDIF/AES outputs due to a "programming oversight" :p

gapless feels fantastic! Well done and thanks.

I don't know if it's confirmation bias, but I swear the tones are better.

Or maybe it's that I'm so used to how great it sounds that every time I turn it on, I'm amazed. But I played some tonight before and after updating, and I'm pretty sure I'm hearing a nice improvement.

I wish I had 2, or had a friend nearby with one, so I could A/B them, but either way, I rarely tweak my presets any more. This thing just sounds freakin' amazing!!

Technically it's not gapless, it's near gapless. Just like there isn't zero latency, its near zero latency. The nerd in me wonders how much of an improvement it was in terms of ms. I'm sure it was hella significant!
You are right. In Classic Physics, any matter at the universe has more space between the subatomic particles than the volume of the particles themselves. And in Quantum Physics, even that tiny solid matter is put into question. We are nothing but a void gap
Sad Season 2 GIF by Friends

The gap has not really bothered me so I am more curious about the Improved Amp block triode algorithm. I do not have my Axe Fx III at home at the moment so any comment regarding this will be welcome. So far (at least as I understand it) new firmware numbers (e.g. FW 19-> 20 and FW 21 ->22 and not the "decimal versions") have indicated major advances in amp modelling but this time the gapless switching is perhaps the new major improvement?
Me too (re: improve algorithm). 🔊🎶👂

I don't know if it's confirmation bias, but I swear the tones are better.

Or maybe it's that I'm so used to how great it sounds that every time I turn it on, I'm amazed. But I played some tonight before and after updating, and I'm pretty sure I'm hearing a nice improvement.

I wish I had 2, or had a friend nearby with one, so I could A/B them, but either way, I rarely tweak my presets any more. This thing just sounds freakin' amazing!!

I'm really thinking the triode algorithm must affect every model in the amp block, wouldn't it? I mean, it's sounding awesome to me too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom