Axe-Fx III Firmware 22.01 Release

I'm not sure if this is a bug or not (I suspect it is).

If you put a Multi Tap block (or stereo delay block) in parallel with the signal chain and bypass it, when you look at the block through the "Meters" page on the Axe FX3 only one channel has signal going through it. When the block is activated, both channels have signal passing through it.

I have my parallel blocks bypass mode set to "Mute In" so I don't think this would be a problem, but where Mute FX is used it could be.

Just checking in case its a problem.

I'm not sure if this is a bug or not (I suspect it is).

If you put a Multi Tap block (or stereo delay block) in parallel with the signal chain and bypass it, when you look at the block through the "Meters" page on the Axe FX3 only one channel has signal going through it. When the block is activated, both channels have signal passing through it.

I have my parallel blocks bypass mode set to "Mute In" so I don't think this would be a problem, but where Mute FX is used it could be.

Just checking in case its a problem.
Make sure you’re interpreting the meters correctly.

Each block has four meters — a stereo pair of ins and a stereo pair of outs. Could it be that you’re seeing the inputs move but not the outputs?

Last edited:
Make sure you’re interpreting the meters correctly.

Each block has four meters — a stereo pair of ins and a stereo pair of outs. Could it be that you’re seeing the inputs move but not the outputs?

I'm not sure to be honest, Rex but if the block is bypassed the inputs or outputs should be the same as the activated states shouldn't they ? Other blocks display both left and right in bypass mode.

I'm not sure to be honest, Rex...
It would pay to find out.

..but if the block is bypassed the inputs or outputs should be the same as the activated states shouldn't they ?
If inputs and outputs stayed the same whether active or bypassed, there would be no point in bypassing. You have Bypass Mode st to Mute In. That will result in no output from the block, once the delay trails have ended.

Other blocks display both left and right in bypass mode.
Let's get back to basics. Do you see two meters or four in each block?

Last edited:
@bread - to clarify, use colors: 2 meters are green and 2 are blue.

One pair is L/R input and one pair is L/R output.

Each pair can appear as a single meter if you're not aware or not paying close attention. That confused me in the past.

@bread - to clarify, use colors: 2 meters are green and 2 are blue.

One pair is L/R input and one pair is L/R output.

Each pair can appear as a single meter if you're not aware or not paying close attention. That confused me in the past.
Right ... that might be what it is then. I only see one bar when bypassed but 2 bars when the block is activated. I didn't realise they were single meters.

Thank you for helping

Last edited:
It would pay to find out.

IF inputs and outputs stayed the same whether active or bypassed, there would be no point in bypassing. You have Bypass Mode st to Mute In. That will result in no output from the block, once the delay trails have ended.

Hi Rex I think @unix-guy answered my question as well. I think the single bar represents a L+R signal as the input (stereo) and the reason the second bar isn't present is because the bypass mode is to mute in.

I thought the two bars were for a single left and right channel not each one being a pair of left and rights - one pair for input the other pair for output.

Thanks for your help though it's always appreciated when you take the time to help.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-08-22 alle 12.04.23.png
    Screenshot 2023-08-22 alle 12.04.23.png
    687.4 KB · Views: 24
I think the single bar represents a L+R signal as the input (stereo) and the reason the second bar isn't present is because the bypass mode is to mute in.
Right. But put on your glasses. That single bar isn’t a single bar — it’s two bars showing the left and right channels. There are a total of four bars in each block.

No criticism implied, but are we done with AXE FX III firmware updates? Nothing in 2 months, which, historically, is a long time between updates. Should we be looking for the AXE FX IV?
I think you’re reading too much into this. DynaCabs is a huge step forward, and it took a ton of development work. It came to the Axe-Fx III first, and then was brought to the FM9 and FM3. Let the folks breathe for a minute. :)

[/QUOTE]
I think you’re reading too much into this. DynaCabs is a huge step forward, and it took a ton of development work. It came to the Axe-Fx III first, and then was brought to the FM9 and FM3. Let the folks breathe for a minute. :)
It wouldn't hurt me any if we didn't have one for a bit. Everything is so good right now!
I wouldn't mind a new amp once in awhile or a couple new Dyna-cabs but that's it.

Back
Top Bottom