Axe-Fx III Firmware 22.01 Release

This speculation again? 🤦‍♂️
Well maybe. But I doubt the 3 is going to be put on the back burner yet. The Turbo, FM9 and FM3 haven’t been around that long.
Even if the 4 came out today, I wouldn’t be in a hurry to get one. My 3 still sounds terrific… and will continue to for as long as it still works… whether the 4 is here or not.
I have my tones I’m happy with, and I’m more into playing with what I have, than constantly waiting / wanting (not needing) for more. For some… YMMV
just having a little fun in the firmware thread....

This speculation again? 🤦‍♂️
Well maybe. But I doubt the 3 is going to be put on the back burner yet. The Turbo, FM9 and FM3 haven’t been around that long.
Even if the 4 came out today, I wouldn’t be in a hurry to get one. My 3 still sounds terrific… and will continue to for as long as it still works… whether the 4 is here or not.
I have my tones I’m happy with, and I’m more into playing with what I have, than constantly waiting / wanting (not needing) for more. For some… YMMV
Let's be real, if, and when it comes out, you, me, and all the rest of these assholes are going to get in line to get one.

No need to live in denial.

Let's be real, if, and when it comes out, you, me, and all the rest of these assholes are going to get in line to get one.

No need to live in denial.
I speak for myself, and no, I don’t ‘live in denial’.
Speaking for myself, I don’t immediately run in line to get a new piece of gear… never did, never will. I still have my Axe II, and I waited about 3 years after the Axe 3 came out (and seeing all the rave about it) before I got one. I’ve been with FAS since the early days because I think it’s always been a great company.

A new model doesn’t make the older one bad. Not saying I’d never get the IV if it comes out, but I won’t rush because I have to have it now. As I’ve said… YMMV.

I speak for myself, and no, I don’t ‘live in denial’.
Speaking for myself, I don’t immediately run in line to get a new piece of gear… never did, never will. I still have my Axe II, and I waited about 3 years after the Axe 3 came out (and seeing all the rave about it) before I got one. I’ve been with FAS since the early days because I think it’s always been a great company.

A new model doesn’t make the older one bad. Not saying I’d never get the IV if it comes out, but I won’t rush because I have to have it now. As I’ve said… YMMV.
+1 - I guess I'm one of the assholes here who has tended to wait a little - I've not yet purchased from a waiting list invitation - never say never, but so far, I've purchased 3 flagship units all after the waitlist concluded and stock available - I see no need to rush into it even though I'm ready / eager to upgrade.

+1 - I guess I'm one of the assholes here who has tended to wait a little - I've not yet purchased from a waiting list invitation - never say never, but so far, I've purchased 3 flagship units all after the waitlist concluded and stock available - I see no need to rush into it even though I'm ready / eager to upgrade.
Maybe its an age thing, I had much more patience when I was younger. Now I'm in the "seize the day" kind of mentality, I will get myself nice things because I don't know if I'll be here tomorrow, or lose a finger, or an arm... At least that’s what I tell myself when I buy a Les Paul or a PRS.

Last edited:
Maybe its an age thing, I had much more patience when I was younger. Now I'm in the "seize the day" kind of mentality, I will get myself nice things because I don't know if I'll be here tomorrow, or lose a finger, or an arm... At least that what I tell myself when I buy a Les Paul or a PRS.
Sometimes a thought crosses my mind asking what my family is gonna do with 40+ guitars in the house if I passed. Could be a burden. I guess I should find a dry and tidy store building for them if I want to go on collecting. :)

Maybe its an age thing, I had much more patience when I was younger. Now I'm in the "seize the day" kind of mentality, I will get myself nice things because I don't know if I'll be here tomorrow, or lose a finger, or an arm... At least that what I tell myself when I buy a Les Paul or a PRS.

Right there with ya. Too many years of putting off living for someone else's benefit....

Wow! Although I updated to this FW as soon as it was released, I've just realized that I did not subscribe or read this thread, and it already has 373 posts! I've just watched the colonoscopy episode. Is there something else that I have missed? Tell me, tell me! :D

Interested Drama GIF by Bounce

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom