Axe-Fx III Firmware 22.01 Release

Not complaining about updates, just that the whole "where is my latest fix?" thing that gets old. Reminds me of a line heard randomly on a Firesign Theater record I heard 40 years ago:
"Would you look at the mouth on that gifthorse?"
I agree it can get old - gift horse? - no, it's business model that's working well for customers and, judging from recent comments, well for the company also.

Last edited:
I agree it can get old - gift horse? - no, it's business model that's working well for customers and, judging from recent comments, well for the company also.
Definitely true, I think there a lot of us who appreciate that, but don't have the expectations for new stuff every month. There are a handful that seem to think the sky is falling if they don't get an update for awhile.

I love periodic updates when they add something really game changing, like the Dynacabs, but don't set expectations so much. I can't think of anything else it needs, but I know how Cliff is and when he has another epiphany I'll happily adjust my dozen or so presets to get gig ready ASAP. Fortunately mine generally use a smaller number of Global amps and cabs, so it's quick work for me.

Good things come to those who wait. ;)

here comes the AxeFX Quattro....
This speculation again? 🤦‍♂️
Well maybe. But I doubt the 3 is going to be put on the back burner yet. The Turbo, FM9 and FM3 haven’t been around that long.
Even if the 4 came out today, I wouldn’t be in a hurry to get one. My 3 still sounds terrific… and will continue to for as long as it still works… whether the 4 is here or not.
I have my tones I’m happy with, and I’m more into playing with what I have, than constantly waiting / wanting (not needing) for more. For some… YMMV

Back
Top Bottom