Axe-Fx III Firmware 22.00 Release

I'm having the same issue actually. Refresh After Firmware doesn't seem to pick them up... I updated Axe-Edit first as well then pulled the update through Fractal Bot.

Finally got them!! I've been using the latest (to my knowledge):

Axe Edit: 1.13.2
axefxiii_dsp_rel_22p00.sysx
dyna_cabs_1p05.sysx

Refreshed multiple times, rebooted multiple times, re-pushed firmware three times

I don't know what the fix was, but I'm happy. Hopefully if anyone else runs into this issue, they can narrow it down.

I'm having the same issue actually. Refresh After Firmware doesn't seem to pick them up... I updated Axe-Edit first as well then pulled the update through Fractal Bot.
Which version of Axe Edit III did you update to? You can check the version in Axe Edit 'Help' menu by clicking on 'About'. If it's not 1.13.02, the Revv models will not appear, support for the new models was added in 1.13.02. They will not appear in any of the previous versions that have Dyna Cab support.

I’m going to wager that it’s one of those things that happened in the 50s and 60s and people kept on replicating it; nobody really questioned it until very recently.

Also might have to do with the fact that some sounds rely on PA distortion so it kinda makes sense for those style amps to have their power section distort early. Modern sounds don’t need that so that’s not a thing with amps like the Revv.
By the way, dude, off topic, I picked up the Boss SY-200.
It's great fun used with the Axe's FX.
It tracks very well too, don't have problems with it detecting any notes.

They do it to make the volume jump up quickly in the music store. “Look how loud this amp is at 3! It must really be powerful!” The other amps have to do it, too, because if they don’t, they sound “weak.” Even the sales staff gets into the act, hyping all that volume at low settings.

Back at home, you hear things like, “I’ve never had this amp above 4. I’d be afraid to play it that loud!,” when in fact, it won’t get much louder, even if you crank it to 11.

The sound “kicks in” when you start pushing the power amp into saturation. That only happens when you’re close to maximum volume.
Ha, ha, that would make sense!
We know what sales staff are like.
I can even imagine a MV wars, 'this amp is even better because it gets loud at 2, but this one gets loud at 1.'
Maybe if Nigel Tufnell was involved, his MV would only go up to '1' and reach the 'sound' at '0.25.'
And as you say, any higher = no appreciable increase in volume = welcome to flub city.

Having said all that, I never tried these recent betas, so it was a long time to wait.
The new speaker thingy is great, only takes seconds to find a good tone.

Ha, ha, that would make sense!
We know what sales staff are like.
I can even imagine a MV wars, 'this amp is even better because it gets loud at 2, but this one gets loud at 1.'
Maybe if Nigel Tufnell was involved, his MV would only go up to '1' and reach the 'sound' at '0.25.'
And as you say, any higher = no appreciable increase in volume = welcome to flub city.

Having said all that, I never tried these recent betas, so it was a long time to wait.
The new speaker thingy is great, only takes seconds to find a good tone.
You do realize that your "long time to wait" still blows away literally every other modeler in existence, yes?

I was about to write off the Revv's as too grainy fizzy buzzy until I dropped the gain down to 2 and added a Tubescreamer with its gain on 3 and now it's tight and solid with chunk action Kung-fu grip!

Which version of Axe Edit III did you update to? You can check the version in Axe Edit 'Help' menu by clicking on 'About'. If it's not 1.13.02, the Revv models will not appear, support for the new models was added in 1.13.02. They will not appear in any of the previous versions that have Dyna Cab support.
I'm on 1.13.02

My second favorite resolution to a tech fix. "I don't know what I did, but it's working now..." AND as a tech, I've had to declare that too many times to count. And I'm pretty good after 30 years in the biz. 🤦‍♂️
Better to be lucky than smart lol.

Just in time for my Generator 120 to die on me a second time! At least I got to A/B the real thing via the built in Torpedo vs the Fractal's model on the same DynaCab setting and... well, they sounded pretty much identical before my Revv decided to kick the bucket. Awesome work on this!
Yikes is that a new MK3 hopefully just tubes cool that the silver lining is you have 99% the same sound now

Yikes is that a new MK3 hopefully just tubes cool that the silver lining is you have 99% the same sound now
Yeah It's a MK3, and I bought it in March. It's died twice since then. First time was the V1 pre tube, this time was one of the V1/V3 power tubes, which I think killed a fuse which I also have to replace. I'm sure I'll have it back up and running once I actually have a chance to look at it! Hopefully it's reliable after this, but if it keeps kicking the bucket I'm not sure what I'll do with it.

FW 22 is fantastic. The new Revv models are wonderful as well. Looking forward to learning more about them and using them in some of my work.

Quick question to the group: Has anyone else noticed how quiet these models are in comparison to other amps models? Seems like these are way quieter than others at stock settings. Easy fix to just up the level in the amp block, but more curious if this was just happening to me. Others having this same issue?

Turn off the Bright switch if you find it too bright. It's on by default because I prefer it on.

Not too bright, but brighter than a lot of the other amps. It's bright like the Soldano.

Bright is good for me. A lot of the time I struggle with too much low end. I'm really liking the ability to control the bass in the cab block now just by moving the mic.

Back
Top Bottom