Axe-Fx III Firmware 22.00 Release

The Revv actually has an MV that makes sense. Instead of driving the power amp into oblivion at around 3, power amp overdrive doesn't start happening until you turn the knob up quite a bit.
This seems so logical.
Given the behaviour of a typical MV, why do they behave that way?
Do you think it's an oversight in design?
It just makes no sense to have a control that goes to 10 that flubs out at 3.

The whole MV thing is confusing.
In a lot of amps, it either seems to distort early or you need to turn it up to an ear splitting volume before the 'sound' kicks in, like a Soldano.

Fractal Bot's not picking this up for me, has it been withdrawn?

EDIT: WHAT?! I have to do something for myself?!

If you already have a beta version installed, Fractal-Bot doesn't indicate that there has been an official version released.
Download it "manually".

If you already have a beta version installed, Fractal-Bot doesn't indicate that there has been an official version released.
Download it "manually".

Just in case it's significant, I have only ever installed official releases and it still didn't pick it up, so I had installed it myself.

Thanks though!

It just makes no sense to have a control that goes to 10 that flubs out at 3.
I’m going to wager that it’s one of those things that happened in the 50s and 60s and people kept on replicating it; nobody really questioned it until very recently.

Also might have to do with the fact that some sounds rely on PA distortion so it kinda makes sense for those style amps to have their power section distort early. Modern sounds don’t need that so that’s not a thing with amps like the Revv.

I've heard Mesa did it on the Dual Rec so people would be like "oh wow look how loud it is and it's only on 3!" but I don't know if that's apocryphal.

Also GOD DAMN the Revvs sound good. The Red channel sounds and behaves just like my 100R head, and the Purple is everything I like about the Engl Savage only fatter. That one might be my new high gain go-to.

(pro tip: don't be afraid to crank the presence on the Purple channel, it really opens up and gets out of control in a cool way if you keep the treble control around noon)

Last edited:
This firmware is cool - I never really bonded with the AC20, but now finally combined with the AC30 DynaCab, I found my sonic heaven.

The PRS Fiore with this setup is just ridiculously versatile - Here is six songs in two minutes with only one amp/cab/reverb setting (only one amp and cab block is in use)

First of all, the more I play with the REVV, the more I like it. Thanks for the amp.

About the DynaCabs, I discovered that when I move the mic away from the speaker, the unwanted lows and highs roll off, and I like it a lot. @DougB415, thanks for the review video. I tried moving them away after seeing that we both use the same cab and mics and your settings. From now on, I'll probably play and record with these settings.

There is one thing I wonder about. Why are the mics usually placed very close to the cab and then EQ is applied in the real world applications? Pulling the mic back is a great way to widen the sound and eliminate the boom & fizz IMHO.

DynaCab issue - Installed the latest update without any issues and ran the Cab install with no issues. However when I change to Dyna the drop list for cab selection is empty. I have waited 30 mins or so and reboot.

Back
Top Bottom