Axe-Fx III Firmware 22.00 Public Beta (Beta 6)

Status
Not open for further replies.
What do we need a work-around for? I'm not even sure what people are complaining about because no matter what some people just feel the need to complain.

Some people on this forum just suck all the joy out of this job. I've spent months on this and it works and sounds awesome but some people still have to complain.
There are eternal complaints who find their joy when mixing trouble!
It can be very frustrating!
But reassure the thought! That there are many more people who appreciate your work!
Since I don't know English, I write little.
But all of these complaining, pen in my hand!
On behalf of a lot of fractal fans, please !! - Do not give up!!

Instead of putting the onus Cliff to look at complaints as wishes, maybe those complaining should start making their comments as wishes instead of stating why things are wrong, how they would have done it, how easy it is to do and why their opinion is correct.

One thing that it seems a lot of people don't understand is their intent does not always translate in what they type. What they may think is a suggestion reads very much like a complaint. Reread what you're about to post and put yourself in the position of the one who created or designed what you are commenting on. It would likely change how a lot of people communicate on the forum.

Some people on this forum just suck all the joy out of this job. I've spent months on this and it works and sounds awesome but some people still have to complain.
Fuck em. Happy customers (for better or worse) tend to not rush to the forums to dole out praise for every update. I've been pretty quiet on this forum for the last few years because I've been happy as a pig in shit with the III and have just been playing the crap out of it instead of discussing the technical details of it on the forum. I pop in to grab a new update every few months and move along. Every minute spent on the forum is a minute that could have been spent enjoying the actual usage of the product. I moved into a smaller home and had no space for any of my gear. I sold nearly every amp except the III. I have no pedals anymore and I literally used to build them as a side gig. I haven't even watched a pedal review/demo vid in years. Axe III killed my GAS and I'm ridiculously thankful for it.

I get that. I am curious how the storage for DynaCabs was found/liberated without touching existing IR storage, but it feels like that question is being discouraged. I did laugh at Ian's 'it's complicated' gif.
I believe the answer lies in how the Dynacabs are installed -- it appears to be stored in space designated for firmware, not standard IR storage. When the Dynacab beta package is installed, it loads on the AxeFx in the same manner a firmware update does. And Cliff has stated previously there is more available capacity in that region of storage than is currently being used by the firmware.

Looks like firmware, smells like firmware... That's my theory, anyway. As yek mentioned, we users don't know the implementation details, and things could change when it is finalized. I'm just happy we've got this feature on the way. (The one thing I wonder about is about how third party Dynacabs will be installed and managed, but I'm sure they'll figure that out.)

I just spend some time with the Dyna Cab, I‘m very impressed. This is the next step, thank you Cliff and everyone who is involved.

Threes mics are enough, alone with three different mics there are hundreds or maybe thousand? possible sounds.
First I thought oh boy I stick with my beloved IR‘s because I used to hear and work with them.
But then in comparison the Dyna Cabs do sound so much clearer and more alive.
I‘m thrilled and I’m waiting for the final release to edit all my presets.

What do we need a work-around for? I'm not even sure what people are complaining about because no matter what some people just feel the need to complain.

I'm sorry. Don't worry about some opinions. the most important thing is that you are doing the best thing in the world. Respect to the whole team because you guys are unbelievably good :)

Reread what you're about to post and put yourself in the position of the one who created or designed what you are commenting on. It would likely change how a lot of people communicate on the forum.
no-time-busy.gif

And to add more positivity - amazed at the speed of this, came home and was listening to Gary Moore Victims of the Future on the train.

Came in, power up the Axe - in under 5 minutes, pretty close sound. DS-1 into JCM800 (as per the era), one dyna-cab (with the 57 10cm back from the cone), analog delay - very, very close!

The 57 is spot on for me, for the sounds I associate with it - thanks again!

Fuck em. Happy customers (for better or worse) tend to not rush to the forums to dole out praise for every update. I've been pretty quiet on this forum for the last few years because I've been happy as a pig in shit with the III and have just been playing the crap out of it instead of discussing the technical details of it on the forum. I pop in to grab a new update every few months and move along
The updates you have every months also come from the request of these motherfuckers who try to improve the product by pointing out faults or making suggestions.... sometimes we don't realize that it can be vexing for the creator, as if we were talking to each other without that he reads. but if we didn't like the product, don't worry, we wouldn't be here...

And if they stare
Just let them burn their eyes on you moving
And if they shout
Don't let it change a thing that you're doing

The updates you have every months also come from the request of these motherfuckers who try to improve the product by pointing out faults or making suggestions.... sometimes we don't realize that it can be vexing for the creator, as if we were talking to each other without that he reads. but if we didn't like the product, don't worry, we wouldn't be here...

Time for a GPT-4 "posting nice-ifier" filter with the meta command: remove all negativity, complaining, spoiledness, and know-it-all-ness from user posts and replace with complementary and appreciative phrases.

Cliff, you are without a doubt the best in the world at what you do. On top of that your personal support is bar-none to any other company I have dealt with. You constantly push yourself to improve on the already amazing products you have, with update after update all for free. I know when an Axe Fx 4 does come whether it's tomorrow or in 10 years, I know it will be because it is nessecary, not because of profits.

I have OCD and typically can't last more than a day before wanting to redo my presets and Amp settings, cabs etc... This firmware I planned to go through the amps and cabs again. I only made it through 3 so far because I have been actually just playing... You have in a way cured my OCD towards guitar tone, so thank you for that.

I respect the time and effort you have put into this firmware and all previous and to be generous enough to share the beta with us this early. I know any decision you make with these Dyncabs will be the right one. My guitar tone trusts you with it's life.

Every one of the greats has haters it's just part of the game. Just know that for every one of them there are at least 5 of us that feel the way I do.

I hope you do plan to sell some of the captures because you and your team definitely deserve some more profits.

Just know that for every joy-sucker here there's likely a lot more of us who enjoy and appreciate what you do. I know in my case I just don't post about it because I've gotten tired of all the self-appointed experts here who apparently spend their day speculating and telling others why they're wrong.

I'll add to the positive vibes that have been expressed. A day has not passed where I'm not blown away by the capabilities of this Axe FX 3. I sold a couple thousand dollars worth of pedals and a Boss ES-8 because of the array of capabilities that the Fractal units brings to the table. I also sold a Marshall DSL40C. I'm keeping my physical JP2C, but aside from that, I no longer have GAS for any more amps.....not even the Mark VII.

I gotta say that after playing around with the Dynacabs over the last couple of days that it's so easy to use and good sounding that it revealed to me how little I understood IRs, and how to select them. I'm not sure I had realized just how different sounding IRs can be based on mic positions alone- Dynacabs make that an absolute snap.
I post this every time an advancement like this comes down out of the sky in FractaLand- my Fractal gear is the only thing I own that gets better as time goes on. Thank you Cliff!

Any chance we can get more details from Cliff regarding storage, dyna-cabs, etc?

Seems like most in this thread are discussing storage capabilities and how this will work with third party vendors. Are we out of space in allowing 30+ cabs with 3 mics, or can we swap these "factory" positions with other cabs / mics from Fractal or third party?

Speculation is fun, but 50 pages later I'm ready to hear how this will work with my Axe FX III and FM3.

I personally would like to know if I can load "on axis" / "off axis" variants of dyna-cab captures, how this will work across products (FM3 / FM9), and how cab-lab is involved.
The fewer options we get the better! hope no third party please! There is enough already to achieve amazing tone, if people can't do it with what's at hand, well.....3k more cabs won't fix that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom