Axe-Fx III Firmware 22.00 Public Beta (Beta 6)

Status
Not open for further replies.
As i liked the dynacabs work flow a lot but couldn't get into the ballpark i'm after, i tried something ... And it kills !

Set the dynacab to the most approaching result you're after.
Tonematch the source you're after.
Now use the dynacab workflow with the tonematch applied :)
It gets you tons of different sounds in the ballpark in seconds !

I'll try to explain more if someone needs
A touch off topic - but what are you using for tone match source material? My tone match results are always absolute rubbish (been trying since the feature was first introduced on the 2) and I always attribute it to bad source material - mostly Youtube vids of isolated guitar tracks. Would be cool to try a decent tone match with some tweakability via microphone movement using the Dyna-Cab interface as you suggest.

Thanks.

A touch off topic - but what are you using for tone match source material? My tone match results are always absolute rubbish (been trying since the feature was first introduced on the 2) and I always attribute it to bad source material - mostly Youtube vids of isolated guitar tracks. Would be cool to try a decent tone match with some tweakability via microphone movement using the Dyna-Cab interface as you suggest.

Thanks.
I used my goto ultrares ir, so a 2nd cab block in legacy mode.
Worked very well , far better than all the tonematches i tried before

Are you using poweramp and cab(s) or frfr?

Cheers 🍻
FRFR. Running through Presonus Eris E5 monitors at home.

(Been using SE215 IEM live but I'm not happy with those. I plug straight into the headphone jack and it's not a good sound - I noticed when using a QSC monitor at a gig that it sounds great but the IEM sounds harsh. But that's another discussion!)

Wish : modifier assignment on dynacabs position/distance parameters :)

Move the microphone with your feet!

Happy Feet Dance GIF by GEICO

I used my goto ultrares ir, so a 2nd cab block in legacy mode.
Worked very well , far better than all the tonematches i tried before

How does it not just sound better than the original IR rather than just a copy of it?

Interesting that I was thinking of doing something similar but smoothing out the TM to get the macro EQ differences while avoiding potential phasy comb effects.

Are you smoothing the TM at all?

Last edited:
Interesting that I was thinking of doing something similar but smoothing out the TM to get the macro EQ differences while avoiding potential phasy comb effects.

Are you smoothing the TM at all?
How does it not just sound (to you) like the original IR?
Speaking of smoothing, would be cool to have smoothing as an option in Dyna-Cab.

Finally getting to play with this. It sounds GREAT!

Is there a reason the speaker in Axe Edit is sideways vs frontal? How am I supposed to know where the cap edge is? My ears say around 2?

Is there a reason the speaker in Axe Edit is sideways vs frontal? How am I supposed to know where the cap edge is? My ears say around 2?

It would make sense for both the unit and AE to have the same orientation of the speaker and mic location movement.

You're missing the point. You're not going to get a different, accurate picture for each speaker in the list, so how is a face on view going to help you find the cap edge in any way? You have to use your ears.

A face on view would also not allow you to graphically display the distance from the speaker.

You're missing the point. You're not going to get a different, accurate picture for each speaker in the list, so how is a face on view going to help you find the cap edge in any way? You have to use your ears.

A face on view would also not allow you to graphically display the distance from the speaker.
My request is simple, reasonable and makes sense to anyone that has ever miked a cab. However, I do realize that some mike their cabs sideways.

Is there a reason the speaker in Axe Edit is sideways vs frontal?
It takes up less space that way. More room for other stuff.

How am I supposed to know where the cap edge is?
That's a different location for different speakers. Can't draw 'em all on the same plot. :)

My ears say around 2?
If you knew exactly where the cap edge was, would you have dialed in a different sound than the one you chose without that knowledge? If so... why? ;)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom