Axe-Fx III Firmware 22.00 Public Beta #3 (Beta 9)

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, Dynamic 1 is SM7 and Dynamic 2 is SM57
But I cheated, I took a sound print before loading the new dyna cab. ;)
So did I. I recorded a passage before loading the new firmware using the 1960 4x12 with the sm57. I loaded the new dynacab firmware and recreated the same settings toggling back and fourth between the two. Dynamic 2 had much better definition in the midrange without the spitty top end Dynamic 1 had. Dynamic 2 also had more well rounded body as opposed to Dynamic 1. The discussions on previous threads also back up the fact that the SM7 was less piecing and warmer which led me to this conclusion. Dynamic 1 sounded exactly the same as the sm57 from prior and the Dynamic 2 option sounded different. I've also have years of experience recording guitar cabinets with these two particular dynamic mics. But hey, maybe I'm wrong! 🤷‍♂️

Here is a comparaison between :

The 4X10 bassguy RI with ribbon and condenser (2 dynacab IR so ) VS one fractal 4X10 SV BASS IR (stock)

bass : musicman stingray
amp : usa bass 400
the sound is a sample done with the looper

(video is private)

• less low end
  • less differences in tone while moving the different mics (less IRs ? )

what can it be ?

1/ the mics not for bass ?
2/ size of the IRs ?

it sound a little bit like when you are using a guitar cab IR with a bass

(I have balanced the volume between both sample because the difference in volume is huge at first)

There's a heckuva difference between the speakers in a 4x10 bassman RI cab and a 4x10 SV. Who expects a Jensen P10R to sound like a CTS? And that's not even addressing the difference between cabinets? Comparing apples with oranges.

There's a heckuva difference between the speakers in a 4x10 bassman RI cab and a 4x10 SV. Who expects a Jensen P10R to sound like a CTS? And that's not even addressing the difference between cabinets? Comparing apples with oranges.
Even with the 1x15 portabass that’s the same. There is a lack of bass.

But yes the bassman even if it was designed for bass first is not really the same . We will see when we will have a proper 4x10

So did I. I recorded a passage before loading the new firmware using the 1960 4x12 with the sm57. I loaded the new dynacab firmware and recreated the same settings toggling back and fourth between the two. Dynamic 2 had much better definition in the midrange without the spitty top end Dynamic 1 had. Dynamic 2 also had more well rounded body as opposed to Dynamic 1. The discussions on previous threads also back up the fact that the SM7 was less piecing and warmer which led me to this conclusion. Dynamic 1 sounded exactly the same as the sm57 from prior and the Dynamic 2 option sounded different. I've also have years of experience recording guitar cabinets with these two particular dynamic mics. But hey, maybe I'm wrong! 🤷‍♂️
Green is The Sm57 from Beta 7 , yellow minus 0.5 db is dynamic 2 from Beta 9 , purple minus 1.4 db is dynamic 1 from Beta 9. ;-)Comp.png

Last edited:
BUG?

I have Auto Dyna-Cab Imp. On and it doesn't seem to work when I change Dyna-Cab's Cab.

I’ve Refreshed after firmware already
On windows 10 version
Latest axe edit iii

Only name on AXE EDIT III 1.13 does not change, actual SIC does

Last edited:
??

I see green, yellow, purple. Also why compare the SM57 in b7 with two condensers from b9 (or is that a typo?)?
Oups my bad !!! I'm trying the condenser as I wrote the post. Its the dynamic 1 & 2 ! I edit the post. Thanks. And I don't see the color well. Purple for me is blue ;-) Thanks for the real color.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom