Axe-Fx III Firmware 22.00 Public Beta #2 (Beta 7)

Status
Not open for further replies.
For various reasons I need to hold off for now, but I am super stoked to try out the Dynacabs! Looks like this was incredibly well implemented and I have no doubt that it will be hugely beneficial for me when tone tweaking.

Also really grateful for the input clip warning. I had already dialed my Input Trim down to 10%, but it never hurts to have the safety net. (Most of my guitars have JB/Jazz pickups for those who are curious.)

Thanks!

There will be a cab with T75?
I love the bass and midrange response of this cab when miced right.
Ola Englund make these low muddy chuggy tones with this and I love it

Is anyone else getting a problem with the cab volume dial ? It doesn’t seem to do anything anymore, I mean the dial for each cab in the block not the the overall volume.

Though it was just dyna cab at first but seems to be on the legacy mode as well.

Is anyone else getting a problem with the cab volume dial ? It doesn’t seem to do anything anymore, I mean the dial for each cab in the block not the the overall volume.
It's not clear what you're asking but this might help.

The individual cab volumes work in relation to each other, so no matter how you turn them down, the one with the loudest setting will be adjusted internally to be 0 dB, and the others will be adjusted to remain at their settings in relation to it.

P. 20 in the Blocks guide says…

Screenshot 2023-04-07 at 1.31.03 PM.png

Quick question that might be blindingly obvious - the instructions are to download and use the updated version of FractalBot.

However, I assume that the version of FractalBot linked at the top of this thread is the same as the one that was on the Beta #6 thread?

Also - now that we have the updated version of AxeEdit, that works with FW v22 - is the version of FractalBot in AxeEdit now the newest FractalBot, or do we still need to use the separate version of FractalBot?

Quick question that might be blindingly obvious - the instructions are to download and use the updated version of FractalBot.

However, I assume that the version of FractalBot linked at the top of this thread is the same as the one that was on the Beta #6 thread?

Also - now that we have the updated version of AxeEdit, that works with FW v22 - is the version of FractalBot in AxeEdit now the newest FractalBot, or do we still need to use the separate version of FractalBot?
If you downloaded the beta fractal bot and you loaded beta 6, you can use either the one in Axe Edit 1.13 or the beta version you downloaded with the beta 6 firmware. I put beta 7 on today after loading beta 6 a week ago and used the same beta fractal bot without issue.

If you downloaded the beta fractal bot and you loaded beta 6, you can use either the one in Axe Edit 1.13 or the beta version you downloaded with the beta 6 firmware. I put beta 7 on today after loading beta 6 a week ago and used the same beta fractal bot without issue.
That's what I suspected may be the case. Thanks. I'll try the version in AxeEdit 1.13 which I have running pretty much all the time, as I control my AxeFx3 via AxeEdit in the studio setup.

WARNING!!! Dyna-Cab data WILL change for the final release version and any presets you create with this public beta may need to be manually edited to correct shifts in the location of the cabinets. If you are not comfortable with this caveat do NOT install this firmware.

The firmware is now comprised of two components: a main firmware image and a Dyna-Cab data image. BOTH must be installed in the correct order: firmware first, Dyna-Cab data last.

INSTRUCTIONS. FOLLOW CAREFULLY!!!
-------------------------------------------------

1. If you haven't already, download new Fractal-Bot:
https://www.fractalaudio.com/downloads/fractal-bot/beta/Fractal-Bot-v3p00p16-b1.zip

Extract the appropriate version for your operating system from the archive.

2. Download firmware files:
https://www.fractalaudio.com/downlo...xe-fx-3/22p0/axefxiii_dsp_rel_22p00_beta7.zip

Extract the firmware .syx file and the dyna_cabs.syx file from the archive.

3. Install the the new firmware as usual. After rebooting you will see a warning that the Dyna-Cab data is not installed. Press Exit.

4. Install the Dyna-Cab data. Be sure to use the new Fractal-Bot from step #1. Drag-and-drop dyna_cabs.syx onto Fractal-Bot as you would a firmware image. Send the data. Reboot when instructed. If you have already installed the Dyna-Cab data for the previous public beta you can skip this step.
Awesome! Thanks!

BTW, finally got around to trying the 'alternate' dyna_cabs file with the SM7 after loading up and trying the new beta7 firmware for a bit.

The SM7 definitely is nicer/sweeter in the mids, slightly less bass-shy, and loses the 'spitty' slightly-dirty high-mid/treble peak. If there's a way to have both, it'd be a wonderful thing, but I can get good sounds with either and careful placement....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom