Axe-Fx III Firmware 22.00 Public Beta #2 (Beta 7)

Status
Not open for further replies.
BTW, finally got around to trying the 'alternate' dyna_cabs file with the SM7 after loading up and trying the new beta7 firmware for a bit.

The SM7 definitely is nicer/sweeter in the mids, slightly less bass-shy, and loses the 'spitty' slightly-dirty high-mid/treble peak. If there's a way to have both, it'd be a wonderful thing, but I can get good sounds with either and careful placement....
I need to try this and see if its something I would like. Right now I'm a ribbon mic kinda guy!

I need to try this and see if its something I would like. Right now I'm a ribbon mic kinda guy!
Yeah, so far, with freedom to place it where I want it, the ribbon is my go-to, but the SM7 holds its own in that regard. The lows are less powerful than a ribbon, but fuller than the 57....

Thank you, Cliff and team! ¡Muchas Gracias! Domo Arigato! ขอบคุณครับ
This is the Fractal-Bot song:

(I couldn't avoid that after seeing the other thread:D )

Last edited:
I have now set the input to 3% and that works great tone wise, so i don¨t care if it's correct or not.
I push the Axe like i push my Plexi, with boosts, overdrives etc, but it works great now.

I have changed my mind about the Dyna-res cabs though.
I thought the Dyna-res sounded very well after some use, but after some more tweaking, it sounds absolutely stunning.
Even when jumping directly from my trusted legacy #148 + #197/198 combo.

I found fatness, clarity and plain out tone in the Bassguy+Friedman GB combo.
I also found completely different tones when i used the TX 2x12 + F GB. Skinnier, but still great.

Thanks for this Fractal. There will be a lot of great tones found in these.

Finally took some time to really dial in some tones and holy crap, this honestly does blow every IR I've tried (and I've tried hundreds) out of the water. I don't normally even LIKE the Mesa 4x12 "sound" and I was able to absolutely nail the sound I was hearing in my head using the slant cab.
Yes, dynacabs made me use and like the Mesa 4x12's with very little effort. I also didn't like them at all with previous IR's. I think that it is the new continuous workflow that makes any cab useable. Kind of like switching from digital to analogue :)

I thought the Dyna-res sounded very well after some use, but after some more tweaking, it sounds absolutely stunning.

I found fatness, clarity and plain out tone ….

Thanks for this Fractal. There will be a lot of great tones found in these.
^^ This ^^

If I had to put words to it …. “fatness, clarity and plain out tone” would be it !

I've only tried half-a-dozen cabs ( maybe ? ) .... I haven't found one yet that didn't improve the tone I was working with !

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom