Axe-Fx III Firmware 22.00 Public Beta #2 (Beta 7)

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we had the previous Beta installed do we need to re-install dyna_cabs.syx? The file seems the same based on timestamp.

Edit : I guess installing included DynaCabs is probably a best practice when they are released alongside the Firmware.

If we had the previous Beta installed do we need to re-install dyna_cabs.syx? The file seems the same based on timestamp.

Edit : I guess installing included DynaCabs is probably a best practice when they are released alongside the Firmware.
4. Install the Dyna-Cab data. Be sure to use the new Fractal-Bot from step #1. Drag-and-drop dyna_cabs.syx onto Fractal-Bot as you would a firmware image. Send the data. Reboot when instructed. If you have already installed the Dyna-Cab data for the previous public beta you can skip this step.

4. Install the Dyna-Cab data. Be sure to use the new Fractal-Bot from step #1. Drag-and-drop dyna_cabs.syx onto Fractal-Bot as you would a firmware image. Send the data. Reboot when instructed. If you have already installed the Dyna-Cab data for the previous public beta you can skip this step.
Sorry, I shouldn't install firmware when I just woke up and am groggy still...

Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Notes​

Version 22 Introduces Dyna-Cab™ cabinet modeling.

The Cabinet block now has two modes of operation: Legacy and Dyna-Cab. Legacy is the previous style of operation.

Dyna-Cab cabinet modeling allows freely positioning the microphone. We took an approach of quality-over-quantity:

• Dyna-Cab IRs are a full 2048 samples.
  • Mic positions are sampled at a fine spatial resolution.
  • Three mic choices are available: Condenser, Dynamic and Ribbon.
  • All IRs are time-aligned with each other. They have been processed using a new algorithm that ensures alignment without destroying phase information. You can mix-and-match IRs from different cabs/mics and they'll always be perfectly aligned.
The Amp block now features “Auto Dyna-Cab Impedance”. When set to ON the speaker impedance curve of the Amp block will follow the Cabinet Type in the first mixer slot of the associated Cabinet block. I.e., if the Cab Type in the first mixer slot of Cabinet 1 is, say, 4x12 5153 and the Mode is Dyna-Cab then Amp 1’s speaker impedance will automatically be set to 4x12 5153.

Added “Treble Shift” control to Tone page of USA IIC+ models. This is an alias of the “Fat” control found on the Preamp page and performs the same function.

Added clip warning if Input 1 clips. This is indicated on the Mini-Tuner.

Added meters to Input page of I/O menu. Input 1 meter will turn red if clipping occurs.

Fixed side-chain filters not working in Gate block.

Fixed a filter in the Wah block not being initialized.

Various other fixes and improvements.
watch release note ^^^^

Dyna-Cab is a great gain and sounds outstanding.
I've always been concerned with the sonic impact of an IR and trying to understand how the microphone position on the speaker affects it. And with Dyna-Cab it is now possible to influence it sensitively in real time and to hear it well. Super and ingenious easy to find his sound.

:yum: :yum:

Thank you Cliff for your unrelentless passion.. Started on the ride with a 'Standard ' back in the day... Fractal gear has always never let me down. Was holding off on a beta install but could not resist any longer. So far it looks and sounds awesome...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom