Axe-Fx III Factory Presets Release 19.04

It looks like the batch setter in Fractool is easier to use for a range of presets where you want them all affected?
The one in AE has the advantage that it allows for picking presets individually in a list?

It looks like the batch setter in Fractool is easier to use for a range of presets where you want them all affected?
The one in AE has the advantage that it allows for picking presets individually in a list?

If the AE has a BatchSetter, I may have missed it. Maybe you are referring to the "Reset Amp Blocks" function under Preset Management?

That function can be dangerous because it resets all the advanced parameters of the AMP block, without mercy. See this thread:

https://forum.fractalaudio.com/thre...re-using-axe-edit-to-reset-amp-blocks.186925/

If the AE has a BatchSetter, I may have missed it. Maybe you are referring to the "Reset Amp Blocks" function under Preset Management?
  • …The Parameter Batch Set command back can be activated by right-clicking on a parameter while holding down SHIFT to display a context menu and selecting "Set In Multiple Presets". Selecting a sub-menu item will display the Preset Picker from which you can multiply select presets to batch set the parameter value.
I meant that one.

Sorry, I meant shift + right click. Then "set in multiple presets." You then select the presets and it'll change them all to the current value of that knob. Easy peasy.
  • …The Parameter Batch Set command back can be activated by right-clicking on a parameter while holding down SHIFT to display a context menu and selecting "Set In Multiple Presets". Selecting a sub-menu item will display the Preset Picker from which you can multiply select presets to batch set the parameter value.
I meant that one.

I was not aware of that feature 😅 Thank you for the information! That is a nice quick replacement of FracTool for that batch job.

For more advanced options, FracTool has a conditional. e.g.: change the parameter only if it is equal to zero (to avoid changing presets that have already been personalized to a different value)

It's annoying when you have to reset the good factory presets and your own presets from scratch. An old topic, but at least the factory presets as flagship of Fractal should be adjusted.

It's annoying when you have to reset the good factory presets and your own presets from scratch. An old topic, but at least the factory presets as flagship of Fractal should be adjusted.
I rather have them working on those fabulous sw updates. Besides, if you buy a new amp and/or cab you probably have to adjust your settings too.

I haven't seen the need to reset or to rebuild or tweak my presets with this FW

well, I wasn't talking about the amount of work I admit. FAS updates presets in due time but sw development gets more priority. (which is fine by me) Do you really use 300 presets daily? I only use about 5.

Do you really need to bang this drum every single damn time a new firmware is released? It's like a broken record...

Fractal makes updates and releases them. You are free to load them or not.

The updates will likely affect the sound of the presets.

If you don't want to affect your presets you can choose to not update.

If you don't want to adjust factory presets you can wait until they get updated before you update firmware.

It's a LOT of work to do the factory preset updates. There are 384 presets with potentially 8 scenes to adjust. That's up to 3072 distinct tones that need to checked and adjusted.

Fractal is not a big company, and beta testers help share the work of updating them, too... And this work gets repeated for FM9 and FM3.

Back
Top Bottom