Axe-Fx III Factory Presets Release 19.04

Do you really need to bang this drum every single damn time a new firmware is released? It's like a broken record...

Fractal makes updates and releases them. You are free to load them or not.

The updates will likely affect the sound of the presets.

If you don't want to affect your presets you can choose to not update.

If you don't want to adjust factory presets you can wait until they get updated before you update firmware.

It's a LOT of work to do the factory preset updates. There are 384 presets with potentially 8 scenes to adjust. That's up to 3072 distinct tones that need to checked and adjusted.

Fractal is not a big company, and beta testers help share the work of updating them, too... And this work gets repeated for FM9 and FM3.
Agreed , and I think the factory presets have already been adjusted like 3 or 4 times in the last 12 months , no other company is doing that

Do you really need to bang this drum every single damn time a new firmware is released? It's like a broken record...

Fractal makes updates and releases them. You are free to load them or not.

The updates will likely affect the sound of the presets.

If you don't want to affect your presets you can choose to not update.

If you don't want to adjust factory presets you can wait until they get updated before you update firmware.

It's a LOT of work to do the factory preset updates. There are 384 presets with potentially 8 scenes to adjust. That's up to 3072 distinct tones that need to checked and adjusted.

Fractal is not a big company, and beta testers help share the work of updating them, too... And this work gets repeated for FM9 and FM3.
That is your opinion. There are others. And I know some who think the same way. So please leave the measure. Or am I breaking the rules?

That is not correct. Only 1 time in the last 15 months.
Wrong. All three have been done in the last eight months.

Those are just the current ones. Looking at the archives shows an additional two, one each for the FM units in that 15 month timeframe, so that’s five.

Last edited:
All after drastic changes in sound. They know better than all you power users what to adjust to maximize the improvements.
That's why some people ask if they'll be redone.

Innocent question, but of course the snarky puppies can't help themselves.:cool: I only asked if they would be done, I did not demand anything.

Last edited:
Wrong. All three have been done in the last eight months.

Those are just the current ones. Looking at the archives shows an additional two, one each for the FM units in that 15 month timeframe, so that’s five
That‘s correct. But we here in the Axe FX3 thread !! How do you get on FM3 and FM9?

That is your opinion. There are others. And I know some who think the same way. So please leave the measure. Or am I breaking the rules?
I'm sorry, but I don't believe anything I wrote is opinion (except maybe the 2nd sentence).

Please read it again if you don't believe me. They are all true statements.

Agreed, but once all the new products have been updated to include the most recent firmware, we'll take a listen to determine whether a pass to equalize levels is needed. It would be good to include some of the new amps too.
Your sentiment is appreciated. It shows, if anyone on this forum is allowed to PONTIFICATE, it should be you Fractal reps.
Thanks for the ever improving product line!!

No immediate need for updated factory presets. They still sound great. Nobody is missing out on anything.
Not necessarily true, there are new amp models (i.e. Brit Studio, Herbert MK III) that are not represented in the current set of presets. Only my opinion, but new amps should have new presets to showcase them.

Not necessarily true, there are new amp models (i.e. Brit Studio, Herbert MK III) that are not represented in the current set of presets. Only my opinion, but new amps should have new presets to showcase them.
I think the point being made was that the existing presets do not require an update to sound good.

Also I'm not sure the every model is represented by a factory preset in any case...

I'll pass :)
My nerdy ass was trying to figure out if I can export an XML/JSON of the patches and then aggregate all the amp models using regex and finally cross reference it with the list of amp models. Something tells me someone at Fractal already did something similar…

My nerdy ass was trying to figure out if I can export an XML/JSON of the patches and then aggregate all the amp models using regex and finally cross reference it with the list of amp models. Something tells me someone at Fractal already did something similar…
I think FracTool might be able to do it...

If it’s JSON or XML, use a parser, grab the specific field, and you won’t need regex.

Back
Top Bottom