Axe-Fx III Cygnus Presets - Banks A & B Preview

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Probably because different presets were created with different guitars/pickups. If you are using high wind humbuckers & the preset was created with a low wind Strat pickup, then it's not going to be optimised for your guitar."

I used to prefer' low wind picks', but quite frankly, when I tried some 'high wind pickups', they totally blew me away...o_O :p

If you are using high wind humbuckers & the preset was created with a low wind Strat pickup

I tested every preset on three guitars this time around: 1) Anderson HSS, 2) American Deluxe Strat SSS 3) Kiesel Vader long scale HH (BareKnuckle). Multiple beta testers also went through the set, and Cliff reviewed Bank A.

If you think they lack high end, it could also be that your speakers are dark.

The Euro Blue is now my firm favourite. It cleans up brilliant too.

Same here....I've settled on that amp for some time now for my main modern rock and higain tones. I'm using the Euro Green for my 70's 'Marshall' tones and the Euro Red for my leads. Cygnus makes them even more versatile to play.

The Blue is a really well balanced amp I find; the low end is easy to dial in without turning to mush, the high end similarly has a sweet tonality without slicing your ears, and there is a ton of range between clean-ish/mild overdrive and outright saturation. Overall it is a 'one stop shopping' rock amp and I could use it exclusively if I had to instead of using the Green and Red for some additional versatility.

The Green shares those overall characteristics but has less available gain on tap which is perfect for nailing 70's overdrive tones and dialing those in is easy.

I used to use a Drive with the Blue for my lead tone but have found using the Red works better for that.

Great amp indeed, as are the other flavors.

About Bogners:

A documentary about P!nk just appeared here on Amazon Prime (she's so cool and her shows are crazy good). Justin Derrico, P!nk's guitar player, is a monster guitar player and uses Bogner amps primarily (Shiva). You can hear his awesome tone very well in the concert snippets.

Last edited:
About Bogners:

A documentary about P!nk just appeared here on Amazon Prime (she's so cool and her shows are crazy good). Justin Derrico, P!nk's guitar player, is a monster guitar player and uses Bogner amps primarily (Shiva). You can hear his awesome tone very well in the concert snippets.
Justin is amazing... I wish I could hear him cut loose in a more guitar oriented context. The closest I found is his JTC course.

"Frogtone Irie 2" Scene 1. The only mod I made was to increase the delay time

Ahh, I was gonna say that but it sounded different on my guitar. Same tracking Ring Mod principle and same 1/8th triplet delay though. Nicely played!

Ahh, I was gonna say that but it sounded different on my guitar. Same tracking Ring Mod principle and same 1/8th triplet delay though. Nicely played!
I think Frogtown Irie has morphed a bit across its iterations. It's not as I remember it on the Gen2 hardware.

Justin is the lead guitarist for The Voice as well. Great player.
A friend of mine was Justin's guitar tech through several Pink tours and then was the lead instrument tech on the Vioce until about 3 years ago when he got tired of LA and moved back to NM. He tells me Justin is not only a killer player but a nice guy, too.

The guitar is a Chapman ML1 Modern, using the bridge pickup. I also tried a Charvel Pro-Mod DK24 because I wanted to use the whammy bar, but the result was not the same. I could not get all these nuances.

That preset is very fun to play because it is very sensitive to the dynamics and pick attack. The frog will burp when you less expect her!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom