Axe-Fx III 16.00 Beta 4 "Cygnus" Firmware - Public Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you do this, and have an available amp channel, copy your original to another amp channel, and then reset one of them. Then you can go back and forth between the original and the reset one and compare the settings (and tone).
If you have just one unit that works. I'm lucky, I have two Axe-Fx IIIs and an A/B switch on the ground, so I can really hear any firmware differences for the same amp settings on each unit. I have yet to find a Marshall style amp where I've soft reset the block that doesn't sound better in Cygnus than in firmware 15. And then add an amp boost? #fagetaboudit

Yes, that's how it works when you've Authentic Mode enabled in Setup > Global.
Disable that, and "soft resetting" will leave BMT values intact.
This still seems to be resetting parameters like Output EQ in Amp Block (dont know what else).
For those of us who doesnt want any changes in terms of parameter setting in the whole amp block; would Block Library copy paste or Channel Copy paste be a solution? Is it considered a soft reset to choose a different amp then the same amp and paste the older parameters?

Last edited:

johnnypig.​

I'm not at all familiar with the Steel String Singer..your guess is as good as mine.​

I do know that EFFECTS worked particularly well with the VT-22 due to it's 'immutable cleanness' from low to high volume...I just couldn't get that amp to break up...if it did break-up, it was far beyond what human hearing would or could tolerate. Seriously loud!!!!

Has anyone experienced any bugs or issues since updating to the Beta version?

Has it been discussed when the full (non-Beta) version is likely to be released?

Holy Holy Holy S***Balls Batman -- all the Plexi's I've reset and tried are OFF THE HOOK in Cygnus!

Re-setting amps and dialing in LiveGold, started with Marshalls Cliff has updated in beta 4....and these are so unbelievably GOOD...can't stop playing!

Just wow. Secret sauce indeed!
Yup. You have a ton of work ahead of you, but man! Such satisfying results.

So are folks going through every preset and resetting the amp block in each one? Just not clear on how the process works. Thanks.

I don't have too many presets, so I will just dial one up, play it a bit, do some minor adjustments if it sounds right in general or do the reset manually if it seems far off. Then re-dial to taste.

Anyone else find the CA3+ Clean amp model to be less gainy and loud compared to the previous version? I have tried several times and screenshotted the parameters, doesn’t seem to be changing anything. The input drive at 7 or 8 seems to be where the old one was at less than 5.

Has anyone experienced any bugs or issues since updating to the Beta version?

Has it been discussed when the full (non-Beta) version is likely to be released?

Actually haven't seen any reported bugs, good sign - Not looking to tempt fate

Anyone else find the CA3+ Clean amp model to be less gainy and loud compared to the previous version? I have tried several times and screenshotted the parameters, doesn’t seem to be changing anything. The input drive at 7 or 8 seems to be where the old one was at less than 5.
things like this could be results of the new amp modeling. you can always increase Level and Input Trim for more level or Input gain.

with other major amp modeling updates in the past, this has happened as well. as the modeling gets more accurate, things may change. easy to adjust to where you want from there.

Absolutely
Unfortunately the display makes no sense.

Clicking the selection box on the left of a line will show it's checked, but I can't tell it what parameters to leave alone and it won't let me select or enter a parameter. Drive is preselected and is the only one listed and since the others are undefined or invisible I'm not going to click on "Apply !":Screen Shot 2021-02-21 at 2.15.43 PM.png
I tried setting the checkbox to see if that would allow me to select a parameter or enter one, but that didn't help.
Screen Shot 2021-02-21 at 2.14.14 PM.png
I also got two core dumps so something's not working.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom