Axe-Fx III 16.00 Beta 4 "Cygnus" Firmware - Public Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe it’s just me but it think the new Tweed Deluxe is darker and has less high end sizzle than the old one. I’ll have to play with it more. I’m also wondering why there’s a presence knob on the Authentic screen, which also doesn’t seem to do anything.
It's authentically darker now, yes. Use the advanced screen to increase treble to taste.

That's one of the main reasons I went all digital. My Mesa Stiletto Ace combo was insanely heavy. Lugging that thing to gigs was the worst.
I had a Stiletto Ace for a bit too, and returned it for a Deuce II head and 2x12 cab just to split the weight into 2 pieces. The Ace just about killed me more than once trying to lift it into my truck.

I've spent the last few weeks enjoying the SuproDualTone "Pagey" AX3 preset (15.01) from AustinBuddy with my Telecaster. Just loaded up Cygnus beta 4 and wow! I'm hearing a noticeable difference in the ability to hear individual strings when chording using the same preset unmodified. Also, very satisfying to play - there's definitely a tone improvement but the best part is the feel of the tone under your fingers.

Some of the amps I dread. Diezels in particular. The Herbert weighs a metric ton.

When I retire I might make tube amps as a hobby/side-job. I have a design that would yield a 50W tube amp that weighs less than 20 lbs.
I hear you there, I have a 2005 VH4 silverface i love it more than words until I pick it up. I used to practice in space down a narrow flight of stairs and dreaded it every time I had to move that thing. P.S. I love you for saving whats left of my back

I’ve been using Tom Quayle’s CA3+ preset based around the clean model. I did a soft reset of the amp block and the sound got noticeably quieter and less gainy. Am I doing something wrong?

I’ve been using Tom Quayle’s CA3+ preset based around the clean model. I did a soft reset of the amp block and the sound got noticeably quieter and less gainy. Am I doing something wrong?
I don't recall what a soft reset preserves... I'd start by checking the Input Drive, Input Trim, Master Volume and Level settings to see how they compare.

Hard to say without comparing all parameters before/after.

Some of the amps I dread. Diezels in particular. The Herbert weighs a metric ton.

When I retire I might make tube amps as a hobby/side-job. I have a design that would yield a 50W tube amp that weighs less than 20 lbs.
I picture you in this Jonny Quest scenario with computers and control panels on the walls of your lab with a thirty foot shelf of amps that you lower onto your workbench with a big robotic arm and the bench is covered in piles of cables and multi-meters. Are you Dr. Benton Quest or Dr. Zin though?

Updating some of my kitchen sink presets and I thought I'd share this one. It's built for a PRS Silver Sky -- so a Strat with some Mayer-tuned pickups.

The ease with which I'm able to get big, bell-like sounds out of the DR model in this release is really astounding. Normally I'd be IR mixing and deep parameter diving to bring things into the sonic range I'm seeking. This time around I just reset the amp block and focused on BMT and gain for a bit. Picked two IRs almost a random. Based the selection of mics I think I like.

And there it was.

So easy.

Enjoy.

(Watch that Junk scene -- it can really get away and rattle your walls)

Attachments

• [iaresee] Silver Tongued.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 82
Last edited:
Holy Holy Holy S***Balls Batman -- all the Plexi's I've reset and tried are OFF THE HOOK in Cygnus!

Re-setting amps and dialing in LiveGold, started with Marshalls Cliff has updated in beta 4....and these are so unbelievably GOOD...can't stop playing!

Just wow. Secret sauce indeed!

Why not create it in the AXE? Maybe this will bump up the request for such an amp(In physical form). And start a small production to finance your retirement :)

Looking forward to try this firmware with my FM-3 once it releases.

Kind regards

AAEN

Holy Holy Holy S***Balls Batman -- all the Plexi's I've reset and tried are OFF THE HOOK in Cygnus!

Re-setting amps and dialing in LiveGold, started with Marshalls Cliff has updated in beta 4....and these are so unbelievably GOOD...can't stop playing!

Just wow. Secret sauce indeed!
Fantastic news Buddy! Are you just toggling the amp to soft reset?

@FractalAudio maybe is my mind playing tricks however I feel the AC30 even not done yet sounds nicer and much better than did with Ares
Doing AB with my FM3 and I really feel it

Thanks for such an amazing job mate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom