Axe-Fx III 16.00 Beta 4 "Cygnus" Firmware - Public Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't speak English, and with the translator I can't understand something. Could you explain to me what this phrase means?
I am familiar with the Euro model (using the factory preset) and that didn't sound right until I did a soft rest. So I went back and did that with
the Splawn and sure enough, it sounds awesome.
Thanks !!!
It's a typo, he meant: ... until I did a soft reset.

I don't speak English, and with the translator I can't understand something. Could you explain to me what this phrase means?
I am familiar with the Euro model (using the factory preset) and that didn't sound right until I did a soft rest. So I went back and did that with
Thanks !!!
Yes, this was a typo as mentioned. A soft reset is where you choose a different amp and then go back to the original amp. Instead of resetting the whole block.
I hope this translates okay...

Specifically for the Dynamic Presence and Depth thing, there used to be advanced parameters called Dynamic Presence and Dynamic Depth. Basically, the harder you played the more the amp would turn up the presence (which simulates how some real amps act sometimes) and the same for depth (except no real amp does that, it was just there for fun). But the new algorithms have removed those options entirely. That means if you'd made heavy use of those options to create your tone (as I suspect Tone Ranger did) then you'd head something very different with them suddenly gone. But they aren't on by default, so if you didn't go in and explicitly set them you don't need to worry.

3.02b also has improved bias grid clipping algorithms which improved the sound too.
Thanks for the explanation!

Somehow the Triaxis model came alive for me now. That and setting up the 2290 as a chorus you get "vintage" Petrucci tones for days 🥰

How do you set your 2290 as a chorus? I was playing this morning with the FAS Modern II into two factory 5153 IR's(slight boost in the proximity parameter) with the 2290 and loooooved how lush and chewy it was sounding. I would like to learn how to have that 2290 modulation without the repeats though if possible.

How do you set your 2290 as a chorus? I was playing this morning with the FAS Modern II into two factory 5153 IR's(slight boost in the proximity parameter) with the 2290 and loooooved how lush and chewy it was sounding. I would like to learn how to have that 2290 modulation without the repeats though if possible.
Delay at 20ms, feedback to 0 and mod setting as follows:
sz9M6tq.png

It's a work in progress, but sounds pretty good so far, and awesome stereo separation

"for chorusing with the 2290, set the lfo phase to 90 or 180 degrees. you'll get lots of extra width! you can also use both lfos, if you target one to left and one to right with slightly different rates and waveforms." -Simeon

I like 24ms

Delay at 20ms, feedback to 0 and mod setting as follows:
sz9M6tq.png

It's a work in progress, but sounds pretty good so far, and awesome stereo separation
Why do you use a delay block instead of the chorus block? A chorus block would possible save some CPU. The 2290 type in the delay block is just the digital type but with different default values anyway. It's the same algorithm. If you use the digital type and enter the same settings into it, it will sound exactly the same (because it is). For some reason, the 2290 type has some high cut applied, which is unrealistic since the 2290 is flat up to 23k and doesn't roll off until 25k. Therefore, I would argue that either the digital chorus or digital mono delay would actually be more accurate at stock settings, but I digress.

Anyway, the chorus on the 2290 is as standard as they come. It's actually a mono chorus, not a true stereo one (or stereo at all really). Sine wave, phase reverse on the right channel, nothing more. You can add feedback and low and high cuts on the 2290 though if you want, but I doubt many people did for their chorus. The whole point of the 2290 was that it was super transparent by default. Flat frequency response all the way. No real "character" so to speak (not a bad thing necessarily).

What you have dialled in there might sound wonderful, but it's nothing like the 2290 chorus, because it simply couldn't do what your settings are. The 2290 was much, much simpler and limited compared to the Axe.

This site is awesome for info on the hardware: http://www.tc2290.com/home.htm

Human ears are bound to a frequency range between 20 to 20'000 Hz at best, and after years of loud gigs the upper range will most probably be down around 16KHz.

Yah...I mis-stated. The 3rd slider from the left on a 10 band GEQ....lol. About 125hz territory seems to be the 'chug' zone. I had some unwanted overtones that I took out previously but now I leave it be. Of course that may be relative to the Xitone FRFR.

The Factory preset "Euro" didn't sound good to me on FW 16 beta 4 so I did a soft reset and it sounds much better.
Thanks !!!

I really like how the Brit JVM OD2 Red sounds now just at default settings with a Zen Master, or Heartpedal 11 or Face Fuzz and some delay. I am assuming it got an upgrade even though it wasn't on the update list.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom