Axe-Fx III 16.00 Beta 12 "Cygnus" Firmware - Public Release Candidate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Question about Bludojai Clean for anyone familiar with the actual Bludotone amp channel.

Is this more of a really clean amp or EoB kind of clean?

When I turn up MV to 8+ it gets pretty gritty (Drive at 5, JB pickup).
No experience with the real Amp but I have used it for edge of breakup tones a couple years back by doing exactly that.

Probably can ask @austinbuddy since I seem to recall it may have been his amp that was modeled.

Beta 11 was based on a 2020 BE Deluxe. There are a couple resistors that are larger values which lowers the cutoff frequency of the coupling capacitors.

People were complaining about the models so I went back to the 2018 version of the amp. There is nothing you can do as a user aside from using Beta 11.

Would you mind sharing which resistors in the circuit changed and what resistor values the BE 2018 and the BE Deluxe 2020 have, if your workload allows it some time? A PN would be ok as well. I‘m asking because I have an hobbyist tube amp project based on the BE preamp circuit and I would like to get somewhat close to the 2018 model. I‘ve used the preamp circuit in the attachment.

Attachments

• IMG_0029.JPG
    IMG_0029.JPG
    788.3 KB · Views: 61
@FractalAudio potential bug - the overall output volume of the "USA Lead Mid Gain" is higher than the other USA Lead models given the same settings. Turning the MV down to around 3 yields an equivalent volume and hits the same spot on the headroom meter so I suspect it's the MV taper values.

I've attached an amp/cab preset with those models at the same settings to demonstrate.

Attachments

• MK IV Levels.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 7
@FractalAudio potential bug - the overall output volume of the "USA Lead Mid Gain" is higher than the other USA Lead models given the same settings. Turning the MV down to around 3 yields an equivalent volume and hits the same spot on the headroom meter so I suspect it's the MV taper values.

I've attached an amp/cab preset with those models at the same settings to demonstrate.

Skip back to page 10 for your answer.

Fixed for next release.

Yea we have 20 Marshall and fender but it’s boring to just have a second engl or orange you know 😅. High gains are all the same hm?
« roadking is easy to sim with the dual « bla-bla-bla .... From people who don’t owned them for real maybe, but no the badlander is not « just another recto » and the roadking/roadster is a different amp too
I owned 6 boogies .... anyway .

Yea we have 20 Marshall and fender but it’s boring to just have a second engl or orange you know 😅. High gains are all the same hm?
« roadking is easy to sim with the dual « bla-bla-bla .... From people who don’t owned them for real maybe, but no the badlander is not « just another recto » and the roadking/roadster is a different amp too
This is what you want:

https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/wish-list-new-amps.137944/

Please keep this thread on topic. If you have specific amp model wishes there is a separate subforum and thread for that.

I have noticed something kind of annoying: when changing amp channels with different Marshalls and speaker dynamics settings, amp block output volume will take the time to ramp up based on where the Speaker Time Constant is set.
I thought I was going to lose it constantly adjusting output volume up and down until I realized where it was coming from.
Obvious solution is to set Speaker Dynamics to 1 or none, or use scene controllers for one amp.
Dunno if it's been mentioned many times already since these threads are epic length.
Can you provide an example preset? I can't replicate this.

Must be loud hm 🙂. Looks nice
(My clever wife put those plates on the wall as a joking reminder, to keep it down, lol.)

I’ve been putting the beta plexi models through a SS amp and switched back and forth between the AF and the head. If there’s a difference, my Marshall-affected ears can’t hear it.

Been doing the same with Tweeds, Fender BF’s and SF’s, HiWatt, and a clone Dumble ODS. Same result. The trick is to move the same amount of air, when comparing. I’m working on some tweaks, to create a YBA-1 Traynor preset. It’s a hybrid between a tweed baseman and a JTM45, but with some circuit mutations. Before Cygnus beta, I couldn’t do it, but I’m not a proficient guy with AF presets. With the beta, as I explained earlier, I have been much more successful at making my presets sound like my amps.

"Cygnus 12 Public Release Candidate"- Its gotta be said- I Just played for the last 2+ hours, lost in "Complete" tonal Bliss on the Hi-Watt (Hi-Power) patch. I could jam on this "all freakin day long" and not miss the rest of my life requirements lol... I do have a Strymon Mobius pedal setup midi wise for the Univibe scene (called Vibe), and I have the Rotary scene "speed" control (called Rotary) controlled by a Mission EP-1 w/spring (via midi). I can speed up the rotary and then get off the pedal where it slows back down. What fun!

Enjoy- I did :cool:

Attachments

• HyPower.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:
No experience with the real Amp but I have used it for edge of breakup tones a couple years back by doing exactly that.

Probably can ask @austinbuddy since I seem to recall it may have been his amp that was modeled.
I own the Bludo amp that was modeled.

it is a very versatile and dynamic amp in terms of range of tones. If you dig into it when playing, it breaks up, you pull back, it cleans up, all based on pick attack.

If you want cleans, on the clean channel keep the input drive down under 5 and master under 5. I like to add a little input dynamics, less than 1.0. Great amp!

Can you provide an example preset? I can't replicate this.
They're all on 10 which is probably why it flew under the radar. Channel B has the JTM45 which has about 2db of dynamics. Going from D 50w Jumped to B is the most extreme, it's only 2db lol. Still it was making me think I was going deaf.
Uses York's 5153.

Attachments

• 012_Marshalls.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 9
Time for some BASS talk !

I have redone 20 presets with all the differents bass heads available , everything reboot from scratch etc so 2 things :

- we are ok that the bass amps got zero cygnus treatment ? I dont hear any changes

- the darkglass b7k stay in clean sound even with max gain

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom