Axe-Fx III 16.00 Beta 12 "Cygnus" Firmware - Public Release Candidate

Status
Not open for further replies.
And certainly if new to the axefx, you will end up with cygnus eventually. Since it s still beta, it of course makes sense somehow to get familiar with the axefx on firmware 15.

In the long run however, not updating automatically means missing out on future improvements.
You can (almost) always skip firmwares like going from 15 to 19, but you cant only partially load firmware 19.
So unless you are extremely content with a current firmware and have a strong will, you ll end up with later firmwares in the long run anyway.
No biggie, because i used the word improvements before, and that is actually always the case ☺️.

So in short, you can skip firmwares but in the long run you'll be taken on the improvement train.

Edit: was replying to shatteredvitreous

Been playing around with clean sound on my Be100 dlx. Anyone knows why Friedman sounds are only dirty ones? Cleans are good too... especially in the deluxe one (small box plexi channel)

JTM45 sounds so much thinner compared to 15.01. Is it only me?
Provide a preset or turn it up because we can't hear it.

It really depends on the cabinet(s) you've chosen. Among the Marshall cabinet choices the IRs, microphones and their placement can make a big difference.

Possible bug? From front panel: Dynamics page with Speaker Compression dialed all the way up audibly increases compression but the GAIN meter no longer works (shows -6.0 dB for every amp and setting). Seems to occur in any AMP block I look at.

Can others confirm?

Question about Bludojai Clean for anyone familiar with the actual Bludotone amp channel.

Is this more of a really clean amp or EoB kind of clean?

When I turn up MV to 8+ it gets pretty gritty (Drive at 5, JB pickup).

I am noticing a difference in volume between the Euro speaker impedance curve and the other 4x12 cab curves. It's not just my ears it shows on the level tool as well. I don't recall this being the case before cyngus but I could be wrong

I am noticing a difference in volume between the Euro speaker impedance curve and the other 4x12 cab curves. It's not just my ears it shows on the level tool as well. I don't recall this being the case before cyngus but I could be wrong

There will be a difference depending on the 'EQ' of the curve (e.g. a lower low resonance) and how it interacts with the particular amp.

Sounds great here.
Agree! I conpared it to my JTM45 and it got that trebley feel with my guitar.
Even though that something weird happens with the clean in the AX3.
I really need to crank the level to positive 3 db in order to hear the cleans in low volume compared to high gains and crunch tones.

I have noticed something kind of annoying: when changing amp channels with different Marshalls and speaker dynamics settings, amp block output volume will take the time to ramp up based on where the Speaker Time Constant is set.
I thought I was going to lose it constantly adjusting output volume up and down until I realized where it was coming from.
Obvious solution is to set Speaker Dynamics to 1 or none, or use scene controllers for one amp.
Dunno if it's been mentioned many times already since these threads are epic length.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom