Axe-Fx III 16.00 Beta 12 "Cygnus" Firmware - Public Release Candidate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh ... ok ... well, it sounds different to me. Probably just because of the amp block after it. Or my memory is off ...
Same here. Had my bassplayers Bk7 over and we tried to replicate the sound of it in the axe. It didn't sound remotely like the physical pedal, like there is something way off. We compared bass to pedal to monitors with the same signal chain in the axe and honestly, there was no resemblance in sound.
I don't know if there might be a user error on our side but in the axe we found no use for the Bk7.
The amps on the other hand ... :)

There were no changes to the modeling algorithms. The only changes were to the models that hadn't been updated yet.

I had made presets with beta 11! Now they seem to sound different in the treble! It may be my tired ear! I will rest and play again later. Congratulations to the great work! 😀👍🏽

Same here. Had my bassplayers Bk7 over and we tried to replicate the sound of it in the axe. It didn't sound remotely like the physical pedal, like there is something way off. We compared bass to pedal to monitors with the same signal chain in the axe and honestly, there was no resemblance in sound.
I don't know if there might be a user error on our side but in the axe we found no use for the Bk7.
The amps on the other hand ... :)
I think our B7K is broken. It has very little gain and if I turn the gain past 3 o'clock or so it goes silent. I'll order another one and redo the model.

I had made presets with beta 11! Now they seem to sound different in the treble! It may be my tired ear! I will rest and play again later. Congratulations to the great work! 😀👍🏽
I don't know what to say. I'm looking at the version control right in front of me and there were no changes to ANY of the modeling algorithms since Beta 11.

Not sure if its a bug or something in my neigbourhood causing interfernce all of a sudden... The noise keeps cutting out for a second. No gate engaged, nothing in path just input to output. Happens with multiple guitars.

Also, noticed the speaker time constant got reset to default from the last beta. Did anything change since the last beta?

Thanks @FractalAudio for making all of these betas available to any user; I know it has utility on your end to find bugs or errors, but on our end it's been completely awesome to be able to use all these models in the meantime during the testing period. Now that all the amps are done I'm re-touring the high gain amps and really taking stock of their character. Finding that the 5150 II just really speaks to me at the moment.

I've just been playing it and also noticed a difference in the topend. For the better
Agree. I swear somethings different, but for the better. Like I said above, though, maybe I’m not comparing apples to apples, because Today was the first time I soft reset the amps. But I swear things feel different too.

I'm trying it out for the first time and having a pretty good time so far. One thing I've noticed is that the speaker dynamics and time constant don't change with amp changes, at least in Axe Edit. Is this the way it's supposed to be?

Tele Bridge, Vol 10, AB's Budda, Scene 7
Recorded, updated, recorded. Just wanted to hear the difference.
16b11 followed by 16b12

My hearing is buggered, particularly the high frequencies, but those two clips sound quite different to me. The first (Beta 11) clip sounds fabulous. The second (Beta 12/RC) clip sounds very dark, and is missing all of the top end somehow. Is that just my ears? If so - how can it be, as I can hear enough top end from the first clip, and as they play right after each other, it's a direct A/B comparison. Definitely missing the top end in the second clip.
I know Cliff has been on here saying that nothing has changed with the modeling, but to my ears, these two clips sound VERY different.
Is it possible that something got changed accidentally?

My god, it's full of stars ... the Angle Sever, the Buddha, Solo 100, Archaen, Legend, etc. ...

That Buddha loves high gain pedals. I'm feeding it a Blackhawk Amplifier's Balrog distortion and it sounds like demonic nirvana 🤘

Last edited:
My hearing is buggered, particularly the high frequencies, but those two clips sound quite different to me. The first (Beta 11) clip sounds fabulous. The second (Beta 12/RC) clip sounds very dark, and is missing all of the top end somehow. Is that just my ears? If so - how can it be, as I can hear enough top end from the first clip, and as they play right after each other, it's a direct A/B comparison. Definitely missing the top end in the second clip.
I know Cliff has been on here saying that nothing has changed with the modeling, but to my ears, these two clips sound VERY different.
First one I tried after hearing that. No, you’re right the second clip has waaay less treble. I loaded up a Austin Buddy Budda preset and it was pretty bright. Then I soft reset the amp and it was similar to what I heard in the clips. But the eq is reset when you reset the amp. Dial in a little too and pull down the bass and it’s the same
Don’t think those clips have the same eq settings.

Can confirm it's not your ears, those two clips definitely sound different. Are you sure all the settings are the same? I noticed the speaker time constant got reset again maybe you changed that? (not sure that could make that much of a difference.) Quickly sitting down to redo my presets I also feel like something sounds different from the last beta.

I think our B7K is broken. It has very little gain and if I turn the gain past 3 o'clock or so it goes silent. I'll order another one and redo the model.

Thanks! I have some older Darkglass pedals that are broken as well. Maybe it's a thing. The newer production ones seem solid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom