Axe-Fx III 16.00 Beta 11 "Cygnus" Firmware - Public Beta #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Friedman amps in this beta are absolute MONSTERS. Holy crap folks!
right you are. They were too boomy and hollow first, now they're as advertised: perfect Plexis and hotrodded Plexis. Knocked the Splawn, which sounds great but is hard to mix, out of most slots.

I never liked the Friedman’s and still don’t understand the hype around them but I think this is the first time that I like the sound and this is in the latest beta 😅. Tastes tastes

Did somebody played in latest beta herbie3 ?

that’s my most beloved amp in 15.01.

Would love to hear if this one is even better or going “friedman” way 😃

The herbie 3 got a lot of bass and mids and sound dark in the beginning . With some tweaks it’s better but surely not my favorite in high gain

A Spector Pulse and it’s AWESOME! I made a thread for it here- https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/nbd-spector-pulse.171425/#post-2067796

I sat in my studio last night and just tweaked bass tones for about 3 hours. It’s like it’s getting harder to dial in a bad tone with the AxeFX. I’ll have to plug in one of my other basses to get a better idea of how Cygnus is working with bass amps, but man, the tones coming out of my studio yesterday were just crushing.
That is SO cool - really like the look! My bass is pretty pedestrian - a Fender Elite Precision strung BEAD. I'm wishing I'd held on to a 5-string. Anyhow ... Enjoy!

The herbie 3 got a lot of bass and mids and sound dark in the beginning . With some tweaks it’s better but surely not my favorite in high gain

in 15.01 it’s my bread and butter.

I just lower the gain and mids to 4, boost highs to 6,5, tweak nothing else and it’s amazeballs... not sure if I want to upgrade to cygnus to be honest 😃

This is the best firmware by farrrr!!!!!
And I mean It!!! Haha!!! Really!!! It's just the best!!! Did I mention I like it too?!?!
Crazy good!!! Ridiculously good!!! And to be truly honest, I wasn't really liking where the other betas were going at first but then bam!!!! Cliff went nuts with it and knocked it out of the park!!!

in 15.01 it’s my bread and butter.

I just lower the gain and mids to 4, boost highs to 6,5, tweak nothing else and it’s amazeballs... not sure if I want to upgrade to cygnus to be honest 😃
I always liked the herbie but was never super amazed by it, in cygnus I think you can use it to get the best pre 2008 dying fetus tone in the box. I played it for like 6 hours straight when I first tried the updated version.

I always liked the herbie but was never super amazed by it, in cygnus I think you can use it to get the best pre 2008 dying fetus tone in the box. I played it for like 6 hours straight when I first tried the updated version.
with current herbie in 15.01, I feel I sound like myself first and foremost, if that make any sense.. it’s totally symbiotic relationship for lack of better words.

Frankly, I hated herbie in my ax8 ( I owned herbert and know very well how real one sounds).

Lucky me, I was floored by how fractal improved it in ax3.

I can say now it sounds on par and can sound even better than the real deal.

with current herbie in 15.01, I feel I sound like myself first and foremost, if that make any sense.. it’s totally symbiotic relationship for lack of better words.

Frankly, I hated herbie in my ax8 ( I owned herbert and know very well how real one sounds).

Lucky me, I was floored by how fractal improved it in ax3.

I can say now it sounds on par and can sound even better than the real deal.

If you dont dig the revised version, just roll back. Done.

If you dont dig the revised version, just roll back. Done.
sure, will have to check how to do it, as I never updated or rolled back firmware (lived on ax8 10.01 for last 3 years and I just got ax3 with 15.01).

will check some videos and read wiki for sure.

sure, will have to check how to do it, as I never updated or rolled back firmware (lived on ax8 10.01 for last 3 years and I just got ax3 with 15.01).

will check some videos and read wiki for sure.
It is pretty straight forward. Keep in mind any presets that you saved using the beta firmware will not be backward compatible with FW15.01. So make sure you do a backup before updating.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom