Axe-Fx III 16.00 Beta 10 "Cygnus" Firmware - Public Beta #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been struggling to get the Herbie to sound as "liquid" as I'm used to. Any tips for coaxing liquidity out of it?

(Also the mid cut functionality doesn't seem quite as extreme as the real thing? Could be fletcher-munson or something though of course.)
turn on the input boost screamer
also that model does not have the mid cut unless that something new
the cut switch is actually cutting bass like a tight switch
the real amp has a mid cut centered around 430 KHZ according to Pete Diezel when you cut the mids
you are essentially making the upper mid more prominent and vice versa when you boost those freq you make the amp thicker fuller

Just went through the Matchless DC30 Ch 2 and the Chieftain 2. Totally dying over the richness of the tones. My God. It's like the DC30 is dripping in saturation in the sweetest way. I found a similar character in Carol Ann before also, and something similarly special but differently voiced in the Dirty Shirley (2 in 15.01), but tonight at least, the Chieftain 2 takes the cake. I Arredondoed the DC30 and added Neutral input boost, and that was just thick and juicy, then I went to that Chieftain 2, and the articulation was just out of this world. Man, what a revelation. @FractalAudio Thanks so much for making all of our playing lives so much richer.
Same here DC30 is insane! My Starplayer’s middle position seemed muddy and I didn’t find any use for it, since this update that tone is rich, smooth and my god the clarity between the amp and effects it’s like a whole new experience playing that guitar. Didn’t have to tweak anything just coupled it with Factory1 cab # 234 & 235YA 1x12’s.

Is anyone else having issues saving blocks/channels?

Last night I was making a Mesa preset. Put a MKIV amp and a Framus/Recto Cab in Scene 1/Channel A. I saved the cab as a block as I wanted to use those two speakers elsewhere. I switched to Scene 3/Channel B and when I went to load the saved cab block, it would not load the one I saved, just kept the same cabs that were already in Channel B. I manually selected the cabs I wanted and went to load a IIC+ amp into Scene 3/Channel B, but it loaded it into both Channel A and Channel B, removing the MKIV I put in earlier.

At that point, I gave up as it was getting late and I spent about an hour tweaking that MKIV only to have all the settings wiped out (When it loaded the MKIV in Channel A, it went all back to stock settings).

I dunno if it was just late and I was doing something wrong, but I don’t recall any shenanigans like that happening previously.

Last night I was making a Mesa preset. Put a MKIV amp and a Framus/Recto Cab in Scene 1/Channel A. I saved the cab as a block as I wanted to use those two speakers elsewhere. I switched to Scene 3/Channel B and when I went to load the saved cab block, it would not load the one I saved, just kept the same cabs that were already in Channel B. I manually selected the cabs I wanted and went to load a IIC+ amp into Scene 3/Channel B, but it loaded it into both Channel A and Channel B, removing the MKIV I put in earlier.

At that point, I gave up as it was getting late and I spent about an hour tweaking that MKIV only to have all the settings wiped out (When it loaded the MKIV in Channel A, it went all back to stock settings).

I dunno if it was just late and I was doing something wrong, but I don’t recall any shenanigans like that happening previously.
I just tested doing the same process, and when I went to load the saved cab into Channel B, nothing changes. The cabs originally on Channel B stayed as they were. I even tried saving the preset, and again loading the saved cab (which is listed in my Blocks), but nada. Seems like a confirm to me. Cheers, Lee

.......so the Chieftain got snuck in there during this beeta period without my noticing til now, huh? ..........
WOW
sounds frakkin amazing...curious as to it’s provenance.....Sampson era perhaps...?
Been there since (at least) the Axe Fx II... It was the Boutique models which apparently got renamed "Matchbox Chieftain" at some point (I don't recall ever seeing that but that's what the Wiki says).

I just tested doing the same process, and when I went to load the saved cab into Channel B, nothing changes. The cabs originally on Channel B stayed as they were. I even tried saving the preset, and again loading the saved cab (which is listed in my Blocks), but nada. Seems like a confirm to me. Cheers, Lee

Good to know it wasn’t just me!

The other issue I had was loading an amp in Channel B also loaded it into Channel A simultaneously.

What version of Axe-Edit?

Decided to update to the Fractal fw16 Cygnus beta10 & took a crack at filling in the gtr harmonies on my Thin Lizzy Backing Track work. Lead parts no "chug" LOL so maybe not a good test but sounds great to me!

First real guitar activity since the pandemic for me! The orig stems have all the gtrs mixed in on 1 track so I edited out the parts I wanted to play and recorded all the guitar harmonies myself minus the harmonie parts I will play live.

The parts are 3 part harmonies gradually added and progressed up to added octave parts. The very high part is missing in the last 4 patterns as I will play these parts. The added harm come in as I jump to the higher parts (no audio). I like it. Just final mixing to do and no mastering as this is for my live 2 piece or 3 piece group.

So you're saving a block with something in channel A and then trying to load that saved block with the thing in Channel A to Channel B? the block library has never worked like that, it saves (and loads) the whole block with all its channel states. (It has been wish list requested to have the block library allow for exporting/importing individual channels only in the past)

Been there since (at least) the Axe Fx II... It was the Boutique models which apparently got renamed "Matchbox Chieftain" at some point (I don't recall ever seeing that but that's what the Wiki says).
Ah..knew something was amiss ..think it is a very recent name change...and hasn’t been updated in Yek‘s amp block bible....

Ah..knew something was amiss ..think it is a very recent name change...and hasn’t been updated in Yek‘s amp block bible....
Yes... Was thinking the same thing and also checked Yek's guide looking for a clue.

Actually, I also searched the forum and didn't find that name referenced anywhere...

So you're saving a block with something in channel A and then trying to load that saved block with the thing in Channel A to Channel B? the block library has never worked like that, it saves (and loads) the whole block with all its channel states. (It has been wish list requested to have the block library allow for exporting/importing individual channels only in the past)

For real? I could have sworn I’ve done this before. That’s quite odd that it wouldn’t allow you to save a block and use it within the same preset on a different channel.

Or just an option to unlink it from saving channels as well.
A block is all channels... I'm not sure how that would work. Nor the reverse for loading.

But as a workaround, you can load the saved block as another "instance", copy the channel you want and paste into the block where you want it, then delete the second instance.

Doesn't work for cases where you already have the maximum number of instances of that block in your preset, though.

I think everyone agrees a way to save/load individual channels would be great, but Fractal has to devise a way to make that work.

I have. Saved to folder but it wouldn’t automatically populate. Comp gave a message that I didn’t have a program to open the file.work around was just copy and paste the block into the new preset.

I have. Saved to folder but it wouldn’t automatically populate. Comp gave a message that I didn’t have a program to open the file.work around was just copy and paste the block into the new preset.
Saved to what folder, and populate to what? Details help us help you.

The computer couldn't find an owning application because you haven't told it what application opens .syx files. Windows, MacOS and Linux rely on associating file extensions with their application. It's up to you to make that association when the computer can't figure it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom