Axe-Fx III 16.00 Beta 10 "Cygnus" Firmware - Public Beta #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cliff’s been kind of quiet the past few days. Firmware Friday imminent? :cool:
I think, too! :cool:

Do you think that bringing Cygnus amp modeling to the FM 3 after releasing the official firmware 16 for the AXE FX 3 will take a long time?

The improvements within the amp block should be ported easily to the FM 3`s amp block or is it to simple to say that is that easy?
Oh my god, the last sentence must be damn wrong and I hope that anyone can understand what I mean but that is the problem with working in the office for 14 years now without conversations on english at all :-D

Do you think that bringing Cygnus amp modeling to the FM 3 after releasing the official firmware 16 for the AXE FX 3 will take a long time?

The improvements within the amp block should be ported easily to the FM 3`s amp block or is it to simple to say that is that easy?
Oh my god, the last sentence must be damn wrong and I hope that anyone can understand what I mean but that is the problem with working in the office for 14 years now without conversations on english at all :-D

I read somewhere Cliff has been quoted they're already working on porting it

When either it or the III final version are out is another story all together

Noticed today that my presets are sounding great with pretty much every guitar and no tweaking. Sometimes there’d be a big variation and what sounded good with one guitar, sounded pants with another. Now everything sounds fantastic. Obviously different for each guitar, but all great.

Been enjoying the 100w jumped this afternoon, just nails that High Voltage/TNT era AC/DC.

I’m betting they want get the official release for the Axe-FX III perfect before taking it over to the FM3. I predict a public beta for the FM3 not long after the Axe-FX III release.

Last edited:
Noticed today that my presets are sounding great with pretty much every guitar and no tweaking. Sometimes there’d be a big variation and what sounded good with one guitar, sounded pants with another. Now everything sounds fantastic. Obviously different for each guitar, but all great.

Been enjoying the 100w jumped this afternoon, just nails that High Voltage/TNT era AC/DC.
I noticed this too, ALL the amps are sounding good now! Including the ones I couldn't gel with....each one has its own sound and personality now, and each one is fun in a different way to play

What do you do when you're in the middle of moving houses & lurking the forums during the most prolific public beta FW release in FAS history? That's easy... when you get your gear back you upgrade each beta one at a time to get that fix:

*Special mentions to Beta #6 that I was too late to snag (bugs and all).

beta pix.png

That was just the initial bias excursion stuff that was removed for now , i think
i would be surprised if the current full beta list had been ported
i suspect that will happen maybe next month w the drive block someone mentioned is coming
No. He specifically said "Porting Cygnus". He'd have specified if it was just the bias excursion stuff.

No. He specifically said "Porting Cygnus". He'd have specified if it was just the bias excursion stuff.

Cygnus is obviously in the process of being ported. The Bias Excursion stuff that made it into the beta was an early part of that, but they took it back out because they only wanted to release it when it was all ported.

Whether it needs betas on FM3 will remain to be seen. depends how they feel about it. Most of the model verification work Cliff is going can likely just port the final results, rather than needing to be verified again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom