Axe-Fx III 16.00 Beta 10 "Cygnus" Firmware - Public Beta #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Once you wake the computer try to just unplug and plug in the usb cable. That usually fixes it for me.

That is now behind the monitor vs the side port of the laptop. Easier to hit the switch, and I check here while it boots lol

Good point.
I switch it on, get a guitar or bass out of the case, put a strap on it, connect it to a lead, connect my headphones, and when I'm done, the Axe is ready.
Yup. I actually have to wait to turn it on until after I take my guitar out of its case, or it's on before I plug the cable in, meaning I have to switch to tuner mode to avoid bad noises.

Not only did the old tube amps need a warm up time, they actually would start to sound good after about 20 mins playing....at which point you're already halfway through your gig....

So yeah, I'll take the 21 secs anyway in comparison....

All I do is put on the axe first, then take up my guitar, throw it over my shoulders and by then the axe is ready to play. A complete non - issue in my book. I'm pretty sure Cliff optimized the load up some time ago, and if it can be faster I'm sure he'd have made it faster already.

Also, we have an option to start up lightning fast - just load up the presets you actually USE and delete the rest - lightning fast bootup and problem solved. A non - issue as far as I see it

All I do is put on the axe first, then take up my guitar, throw it over my shoulders and by then the axe is ready to play. A complete non - issue in my book.
Same boat. By the time I plug my cable into the guitar the Axe is alive at the preset waiting. The times keep getting quicker. I haven't even removed other presets.

I've noticed there are 2 x Carol-Ann Triptik Clean amps available ?

Does anyone else have this ?

Axe Edit -> AMP BLOCK -> SELECT and then you should see them in the menu (numbers 076 and 078)

I don't know why every time someone presents something they feel is a bug or issue we need 27 people chiming in to tell them that they don't think there's any problem.

It's not like people are claiming some small thing is going to bring on Armageddon. Just let them state what they're noticing and carry on. Either more people will corroborate that it's an issue and it'll get addressed or nothing will come from it.
If, in fact, it's not a bug then those people chiming in have a valid point.

Case in point: previously in this thread, someone posted about a "bug" with the Timothy Drive model. I replied to point out that this was not a bug but expected (and documented) behavior.

Many people report a "bug" because they just don't know how things work. Or they are doing something incorrectly.

Letting them know this both informs them and others about it, and that helps everyone.

This also applies to "corroboration"... There's many threads I've seen with "me too" posts where everyone was doing the same thing wrong.

Just because you don't get the behavior you want doesn't mean it's a bug. ;)

I've noticed there are 2 x Carol-Ann Triptik Clean amps available ?

Does anyone else have this ?

Axe Edit -> AMP BLOCK -> SELECT and then you should see them in the menu (numbers 076 and 078)
Refresh After Firmware in Axe-Edit... Still see it? Are you using latest version?

As has been mentioned, the number of presets as well as the number of saved blocks in your block library have a major impact on boot time. The speed at which it boots is really up to which you value more: Being ready quicker or having more presets and saved blocks available.
The Block Library is used only by Axe-Edit. It should have no impact on the Axe Fx boot time.

If, in fact, it's not a bug then those people chiming in have a valid point.

Case in point: previously in this thread, someone posted about a "bug" with the Timothy Drive model. I replied to point out that this was not a bug but expected (and documented) behavior.

Many people report a "bug" because they just don't know how things work. Or they are doing something incorrectly.

Letting them know this both informs them and others about it, and that helps everyone.

This also applies to "corroboration"... There's many threads I've seen with "me too" posts where everyone was doing the same thing wrong.

Just because you don't get the behavior you want doesn't mean it's a bug. ;)
That's not the kind of response I'm referring to.

Same boat. By the time I plug my cable into the guitar the Axe is alive at the preset waiting. The times keep getting quicker. I haven't even removed other presets.
I doubt the times keep getting quicker. In my experience it takes me longer to put on the guitar and plug it in and remember why I did that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom