Axe-Fx II Technical Questions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's a pretty cool one, not the seagull from "Echoes", but still cool...

I'd give it a whirl, but I'm temporarily unFractalled until the Big Day....

Hello,
does the new machine have a model of an amp and cabinet for acoustic instruments (guitar, banjo, mandolin...) or are you planning to include it in a next firmware release?
i think most user need it ( for example one reference model could be that real combo that was made by Roland ,the ac-100)
An acoustic amp sim isn't really necessary, IMO. The job of an acoustic guitar amp is to amplify the signal as accurately as possible, with may be a little EQ or chorus. That's different from an "electric" guitar amp, whose job is to color the sound heavily, and often to radically change the gain structure of the tone. You want an amp to make your acoustic guitar "sound like itself, only louder." That means no amp sim or cab sim at all. Just a few effects, and maybe a "cab sim" that's modelled after an acoustic guitar body. Any sim for an acoustic guitar amp would just be modelling the amp's deviations from true FRFR.

Only one pedal input now.

Spillover is the same.

There is not enough memory in the Ultra to support Global Blocks.
So that pedal input isn't a TRS that can split to accept to momentary switches? I ask because I used the two pedal inputs on the AxeFX for tuner and tap tempo with my 'custom' FCB1010 that I hacked all up.

So that pedal input isn't a TRS that can split to accept to momentary switches? I ask because I used the two pedal inputs on the AxeFX for tuner and tap tempo with my 'custom' FCB1010 that I hacked all up.
With the FCB you can set tap tempo by stepping on the preset switch twice.

I use the ext switches for vol inc/dec. I only use those live and I don't drag them along everywhere.

I use the ext switches for vol inc/dec. I only use those live and I don't drag them along everywhere.

can you set tempo by tapping preset switch on MFC also ?

Yeah that's the other thing that I use them for too so it's something I'm curious about.

Another thing is that I'm wondering about the tap tempo thing on the preset switch because I know that I can set it to ignore redundant PC messages so it won't change patches, but won't the IA's be sent again? So if I have a patch with delay turned off by default, turn it on, hit the preset switch a few times to select tap tempo won't it turn the delay off again?

Not that it's that big a deal, but I'm wondering.

^ Regarding this reverse wah thing, I was wondering the other day - and this is not Axe-Fx II specific, but more in regard to the overall structure of the modeling firmware/software - I wonder if it's possible to run inputs to the outputs of a model - running it "backward" - as each block is a simulation of an electrical circuit. I can imagine it might require some re-programming, but it sure would be a cool way to make insane noises.

The manual does not list a null (reference) mic as an option in the cab block. Is that correct, are you required to use mic processing?

D

Sorry if this has been addressed already... can't find it in anywhere in the 138 pages of this thread...

The manual lists several RW & OH cabs... were these impulses done with a flat mic and if not what mic & position was used for them?

Can I have Output 1 set for Stereo, and Output 2 set for Dual Mono...or just Summed Mono?

Yes. You can use COPY OUT1 TO OUT2 to make a copy of output 1 and output 2. And then you can use OUTPUT 2 MODE to select from LEFT ONLY, L+R SUM or STEREO operation. See page 140 in the manual for details.

Sorry if this has been addressed already... can't find it in anywhere in the 138 pages of this thread...

The manual lists several RW & OH cabs... were these impulses done with a flat mic and if not what mic & position was used for them?

Both of those guys use the Earthworks TC-30 (same as Fractal does btw); what mic position was chosen is not disclosed or noted anywhere that I've seen/heard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom