Axe-Fx II "Quantum" Rev 9.04 Firmware Release

I'm going to check here once in awhile to make sure the Axe FX III isn't generating any epCliffonies. Because that could be real dangerous to this perfect 9.04 firmware... o_O

Hi! Because of AXE FX III release, will be there any firmware updates for AXE II, or this is going to be discontinued since now? Or maybe Quantum will be compatible with Axe III and AXE II ? Cheers!

Hi! Because of AXE FX III release, will be there any firmware updates for AXE II, or this is going to be discontinued since now? Or maybe Quantum will be compatible with Axe III and AXE II ? Cheers!
First of all, Axe 3 has ARES, not Quantum.
Ares is not supported on Axe 2.
Cliff has said, that all epiphanies for amp modelling, will be ported to Axe 2. Though, only some of them will be possible to port. There will be no Ares for Axe 2, as there is not enough horse power.
There will likely be some updates for Axe FX 2 Quantum, but not that many.

First of all, Axe 3 has ARES, not Quantum.
Ares is not supported on Axe 2.
Cliff has said, that all epiphanies for amp modelling, will be ported to Axe 2. Though, only some of them will be possible to port. There will be no Ares for Axe 2, as there is not enough horse power.

Cliff said he'd work on porting what he can of Ares to the Axe II this weekend. Maybe.

Is this firmware still getting the "time-out" issues or has that been fixed and ive missed it?

Cheers!

I've been thru different brands, but I'm spending here like five minutes since registered, and I feel already like Fractal really cares about customers and have a passion to what they do in a first place. I like it.
You’ll also find that the members of the forum are also incredibly helpful and unbelievably knowledgeable as well. You will never go with a question unanswered or problem unresolved. And quickly.

Not sure if anything in the Solo X99 or Solo 100 models changed recently, I haven’t even tried them in probably over a year (and they didn’t do much for me at the time) but hot damn, these amp models can get incredibly heavy and tight metal tones. They have a ton of gain on tap and respond to the tubescreamer model very well. Very bright, so low presence and treble works great.

The Cameron Ch2 also used to be one of my favourites back in the day before G3, real nasty and grindy midrange I couldn’t seem to get elsewhere. I abandoned them when they were remodelled as they seemed to be harder to work with and the grind wasn’t as apparent anymore. But I put some time in with them yesterday and made some real heavy, tight, grindy patches.

Happy camper today, didn’t want to shut everything off, but it’s time for the gym :(

All the activity on this thread baffles me because people are still posting here in April. Oh wait, that would be only me...

Back
Top Bottom