Axe-Fx II "Quantum" Rev 9.04 Firmware Release

I just updated my original Axe FXII to Quantum Rev 9.04 and love it. I don't know how it could get any better. The Marshalls are perfect. Thanks so much!

Hi Guys, I know its not the place to do this but.... have you guys seen this baby......?

Slide1.jpg Just when we thought things could not get any better.... WOW!!!!

Hmmm...

I thought that IR's had some element of time dependency in them. So at least to some degree elements of the amp/speaker interaction have to be captured and reflected in the IR.

An "ir" could capture the effect of speaker compression, amp compression, and what ever else that influences the frequency domain of the signal being captured. But it can only capture this info in one instant of time or the length of the capture, which is very short. Parameters that change over time, like a chorus for example, are not captured. There for, it is necessary to model these parameters in other ways. I believe that at least in some cases, the influence of "amp" parameters are minimized from the ir. I think it has been argued whether having these effects included in the ir are better or worse. The idea of including the influence of "the room" is something that has come up. It has been stated that a speaker ir is best thought of as a complex static filter. All of the stuff that "moves" must be modeled in other ways.
Like I said, I'm am not an authority by any means so maybe one of the "ir" experts would be so kind, to once again, give us the skinny on the state of the art.
https://wiki.fractalaudio.com/axefx2/index.php?title=Impulse_Responses_(IRs)

Hi Guys, I know its not the place to do this but.... have you guys seen this baby......?

View attachment 44220 Just when we thought things could not get any better.... WOW!!!!

Yeah people are flipping out over on Rig-Talk and I'm sure the insanity will continue. :) People are anticipating that folks that recently bought the XL will be pissed, etc. Hopefully nobody feels like that. Just because something comes out doesn't mean you must have it. LOL!

I think a lot of touring artists, etc. will get their hands on these first and then they will slowly trickle out. I'm having flashbacks. :)

Nice. I’m going to have to check out the ac15 again. What cab are you using?

Hey @Jvstrat! Just checked and after literally a couple of years on cab 119 with the AC15 I forgot that about 6 months ago I switched over to cab 132 which is oddly a 4x12 TV mix - not your usual cab for this type of amp but it works well with my setup. I might go back to 119 though, it still sounds good.

Hey @Jvstrat! Just checked and after literally a couple of years on cab 119 with the AC15 I forgot that about 6 months ago I switched over to cab 132 which is oddly a 4x12 TV mix - not your usual cab for this type of amp but it works well with my setup. I might go back to 119 though, it still sounds good.

Thanks. I’m going to check that out.

I have wondered from time to time... What in blazes is a tv mix?

And no, I'm not embarrassed that I don't know.

(At least that's what I tell me so I can sleep at night).

If this is the last firmware we got for the mk II models I’d be completely happy. This firmware sounds killer. I set the CF hardness to 7.5, tweaked some EQ settings and...WOW!

That said, it would be nice to know what the strategy will be with firmware updates once the Axe III arrives...will Axe II stop receiving them?

That said, it would be nice to know what the strategy will be with firmware updates once the Axe III arrives...will Axe II stop receiving them?

Cliff, "Any epiphanies I have will get ported to the II and the AX-8. Obviously our focus at this time is on the III and the FC's."

I'm guessing it is based on the Marshall 1960TV cabinet. So it is probably getting the 'tv' from there.

Correct.

It's a very cool oversized 4x12 cab. Mine had 25 watt greenbacks and was glorious. The extra cab size provides a low mid push that cancels out some the green back ice pick. I used mine with a Bray modded Plexi 100 watt Super Lead.

Yes, the right TV cab is incredible. Once I played one through a Denver Axe-Amp fest with a 50 Watt Plexi, and I just stood amazed.

Of course I immediately replicated it in my Axe, and it's my 'go to' tone and preset.

I just spent an hour with my Strat and the Double Verb playing my 'Strat songs' mix, and I have a preponderance of serotonin going on right now.

Back
Top Bottom