Axe-Fx II "Quantum" Rev 9.04 Firmware Release

I got to play my first show with Q9.04 last night and The experience was fantastic. The feel of this FW is incredible. Palm mutes have a great weight to them and clean tones have a “snap” that feels phenomenal. I’m really loving the new speaker compression.

Guys i cannot update 9.04 firmware. My AXE FX II XL + has 9.03 but as I tried updating new firmware I get a download error message. Any suggestions? FYI AXE Edit is connected to my MAC and I can make edits without any issue. Thanks in advance.

Guys i cannot update 9.04 firmware. My AXE FX II XL + has 9.03 but as I tried updating new firmware I get a download error message. Any suggestions? FYI AXE Edit is connected to my MAC and I can make edits without any issue. Thanks in advance.
Is Axe-Edit running? If so, close it down. That can cause firmware updates to stumble.

I got the same download error trying to update Axe-Edit yesterday through the software updater. I downloaded it manually from the website without issue. Maybe the update server was down.

I got to play my first show with Q9.04 last night and The experience was fantastic. The feel of this FW is incredible. Palm mutes have a great weight to them and clean tones have a “snap” that feels phenomenal. I’m really loving the new speaker compression.
As a Beta tester, Did you get a III to play with?

Didn't I just visit here a day ago? I guess this is because, regardless of how good a firmware sounds, our bodies crave new firmware to replace the old cells that die off everyday. If you were suffering from NEW FIRMWARE MALNUTRITION you can rest assured you will find replenishment in time, cuz Cliff said until we can afford to upgrade he will be including us laggers whenever he has epiphanies, which will be extra often, as the III is being tried and broken in for the first time. So let us continue to plan those nutritious firmware updates for the days and months to come. Right? Am I right?

:forkknife:See you tomorrow.

The feel and low end of 9.04 makes me crazy too; it's very addictive and satisfying to play. I know what you mean about the snap of clean/mild OD tones. I love how dynamic the feel is on those tones, and how you can really make notes/chords jump right out or lay back and round things off. The feel is certainly more nuanced and expressive, and just feels incredible all around. My right hand, in particular, loves 9.04...

I have a good feeling for tomorrow!
Don't hold your breath.
Somehow I don't expect any new firmware till the Axe3 is out for a while.
Also, all new firmware will got to Axe3 first, and it will later be ported to Axe2. Axe3 will be the focus.
Just like Axe 2 and AX8, AX8 firmware updates are always a few weeks behind.

How long after the release of the II was the Ultra updated for?
Different situation. The Ultra was basically already full and couldn’t be updated when the II came out. I don’t think this data contributes to the II vs III comparison at all, and is more “misinformation” if anything.

I really don’t understand this “Firmware Friday” thing. It never was an actual release schedule, and confuses many people new to the forum as they see it discussed, then expect it, then are disappointed when it doesn’t happen. If it’s a meme, that’s one thing. But it really does confuse people.

Don't hold your breath.
Somehow I don't expect any new firmware till the Axe3 is out for a while.
Also, all new firmware will got to Axe3 first, and it will later be ported to Axe2. Axe3 will be the focus.
Just like Axe 2 and AX8, AX8 firmware updates are always a few weeks behind.

a33bba56d328fc3a706b7a58ab7c8de5--mr-bean-beans.jpg

Back
Top Bottom