Axe-Fx II "Quantum" Rev 9.04 Firmware Release

I have wondered from time to time... What in blazes is a tv mix?

And no, I'm not embarrassed that I don't know.

(At least that's what I tell me so I can sleep at night).

TV is the Marshall tall vintage 4x12 cab but I'm afraid my knowledge stops there. I have no idea what the actual mix is, but I reckon it's probably a FAS favourite of a blend of the cabinets/speakers/mics used for the cab pack that this would have come from.

It is not your usual cab of choice for the AC15, but this one has worked well for me (not that flubby and also cuts through the live mix very well).

At least you GET sleep at night! My 3yr old doesn't exactly let me get away with luxuries like that....! :)

EDIT: I've just read further along this thread and realised there are already several answers to your question so I should have read first before replying! :rolleyes:

I'm very happy too with this FW, if it's the last one, so be it. I would only like to know if there will be any new amps coming for the Axe II? And if I may ask, is the pitch block going to be fixed? It's not broken but I can not use it with latency and tracking like this.

I'm very happy too with this FW, if it's the last one, so be it. I would only like to know if there will be any new amps coming for the Axe II? And if I may ask, is the pitch block going to be fixed? It's not broken but I can not use it with latency and tracking like this.

It’s not the last. Cliff has said ax8 and Axe 2 will continue to get his epiphanies, just that obviously the III is the priority. :)

It’s not the last. Cliff has said ax8 and Axe 2 will continue to get his epiphanies, just that obviously the III is the priority. :)

Thanks, I've seen that. I wonder just how much capacity is still left for the improvements, especially for MKII. There are already a few compromises in the algorithms, his words. That was one of the reasons for a hardware upgrade, the Axe III.

Thanks, I've seen that. I wonder just how much capacity is still left for the improvements, especially for MKII. There are already a few compromises in the algorithms, his words. That was one of the reasons for a hardware upgrade, the Axe III.

I don't know about the MK's but the II has room. The algorithm compromises are based on processing constraints, not memory.

I don't know about the MK's but the II has room. The algorithm compromises are based on processing constraints, not memory.

You're right. Well, the question is then, how many amps do we get till the end for the Mk and obviously the pitch block remains like this due to the limited processing power.

I hope future updates retain the tight, detailed crunch/grind/punch of 9.04. It definitely has some magic in all of that that I've tried to duplicate on previous firmware releases without getting the tones/feel as it is now. My FRFR/CLR plays/feels so much like a tight, punchy 4x12 with the new firmware I'm over the top crazy happy with it.

I hope future updates retain the tight, detailed crunch/grind/punch of 9.04. It definitely has some magic in all of that that I've tried to duplicate on previous firmware releases without getting the tones/feel as it is now. My FRFR/CLR plays/feels so much like a tight, punchy 4x12 with the new firmware I'm over the top crazy happy with it.

Yep, I have played my Axe II more in the past week than I have for months. I use a GT1000FX and two 212 cabs usually, and this is the best the low end has ever sounded/felt. This is the closest it has sounded/felt to my actual tube amps for big bassy, chunky high gain tones. I also have some 8" monitors I don't like as much (FRFR sound....), and that even sounded better.

I definitely hope the low end either stays the same, or is improved even further.

Yep, I have played my Axe II more in the past week than I have for months. I use a GT1000FX and two 212 cabs usually, and this is the best the low end has ever sounded/felt. This is the closest it has sounded/felt to my actual tube amps for big bassy, chunky high gain tones. I also have some 8" monitors I don't like as much (FRFR sound....), and that even sounded better.

I definitely hope the low end either stays the same, or is improved even further.

Great setup! I use a Friedman ASM-12 FRFR now but years ago I had the Matrix GT1000FX. Great amp! I wanted to use all of the FRFR bells and whistles but if I ever went back to a traditional setup, I'd use that again.

Great setup! I use a Friedman ASM-12 FRFR now but years ago I had the Matrix GT1000FX. Great amp! I wanted to use all of the FRFR bells and whistles but if I ever went back to a traditional setup, I'd use that again.
Yeah, I think about FRFR from time to time so that I could use more of the features, but every time I try my monitors, or headphones, I usually don't like the tone or feel at all. It is OK for putting into a mix, or playing along with music, but just not very fun to jam on.

I think if I did give it a shot, I would seriously consider the Friedman. They sound like what I would like. It would be hard not to have to buy two though, lol. However, it would have to sound like an amp..... not like a recording of an amp.

Yeah, I think about FRFR from time to time so that I could use more of the features, but every time I try my monitors, or headphones, I usually don't like the tone or feel at all. It is OK for putting into a mix, or playing along with music, but just not very fun to jam on.

I think if I did give it a shot, I would seriously consider the Friedman. They sound like what I would like. It would be hard not to have to buy two though, lol. However, it would have to sound like an amp..... not like a recording of an amp.

I can tell you that I had an older Xitone 1x12 and Matrix 1x12, and the Friedman is the only FRFR that I actually took a step back and immediately knew I made the right purchase. The only bad side in my opinion is the weight but I never have to move mine so not an issue. It sounds like a guitar cab to me and a lot of people agree. I stopped looking at cabs when I got mine . I absolutely love it!

Don’t forget about the Atomic CLR if you consider going the FRFR route. Unreal sound quality.

Also, as far as firmwares go, this may literally be the best one. Not sure my AxeFx has ever sounded better.

Thanks! Still trying to figure out how to do things. I am wondering if maybe you could please point me in the right direction where might I ask a few recording questions
If the questions are related to recording with the Axe Fx, then the Axe Fx II Discussion forum should be fine.

Back
Top Bottom