Axe-Fx II "Quantum" Rev 8.02 Firmware Release

What would happen if some kind soul with an XL or XL+ were to create a few presets with say just a random amp and one of the new cabs and export as a Preset + Cab bundle - then the resulting file was dropped onto FracTool to convert down to MkI/II format?

Why in the world would you need to add modifier capability to the output compression parameter in the Amp block?

Why in the world would you need to add modifier capability to the output compression parameter in the Amp block?
Asked and answered from the source to turn it down for rhythm tones when toggling scenes.

I turned it off since it reminds too much of playing a Guytron amp. Now I might actually use it.
In 10 years of using Fractal that is the second time I didn't like a new feature.

Asked and answered from the source to turn it down for rhythm tones when toggling scenes.

I turned it off since it reminds too much of playing a Guytron amp. Now I might actually use it.
In 10 years of using Fractal that is the second time I didn't like a new feature.

Ed have you tried it in FEEDBACK mode? I like that better than OUTPUT mode for some amps.

I used to be big on the OP comp but ever since we got the opto comp with the line input it's been my go to for compression on the back end. I'll second the feedback comp sounding better though that was always my go to

What would happen if some kind soul with an XL or XL+ were to create a few presets with say just a random amp and one of the new cabs and export as a Preset + Cab bundle - then the resulting file was dropped onto FracTool to convert down to MkI/II format?
This wouldn't work would It? I could try it with my Ax8 tomorrow and see.

Does FracTool support bundles? I am not sure that you can export a factory cab in any way, and even if you could, it's against the rules.

I use output comp on clean patches as it doesn't use an extra block and sounds just right. When turning the amp up makes it too crunchy compression gives a fuller sound. And it's dead simple always seems good at 2-3.

I use it for totally clean presets. Like a big headroom silver faced fender... it gives it a little more body without any breakup.

I too only use a compressor on clean/edge of breakup tones for more body and a fatter overall tone, even when I used a pedalboard/tube amp rig. I have an optical compressor dialed in for those presets which really adds a lot of fullness for clean-ish tones. Never felt the need to use one for more crunchy/higher gain tones, but am going to explore using it for lead tones.

I use output comp on clean patches as it doesn't use an extra block and sounds just right.

I've been meaning to do a much deeper dive into the AMP compressor for some time now as I'd like to get the CPU savings by dropping the CMP block on my AX8 on a couple of presets. I'm going to fully explore that feature as a priority over the weekend, it's time. Having modifiers to the AMP block compressor available know will also open some doors I'm suspecting.

I use it for totally clean presets. Like a big headroom silver faced fender... it gives it a little more body without any breakup.

and me. you only have to set it to about 0.5 - 1. great if you use single coils and humbuckers (on the same guitar), because when you switch to humbuckers, the amp breaks up as you would expect, but without such a huge hike in volume. and as you say, it adds a little body to the singles. i never use it on distorted amps...motor drive is easily enough compression for those.

When I was a teenager in the 80s, my friends and I would always look at our heroes guitar rigs and say "we'll never be able to have that". Now I had the Axe-Fx rig years ago and my heroes and getting what I have. :) Saw Brit Floyd last night and both guitarists were using Fractal as well. Now when I got to shows, my first prep is to look at the stage and find those green lights.

and me. you only have to set it to about 0.5 - 1. great if you use single coils and humbuckers (on the same guitar), because when you switch to humbuckers, the amp breaks up as you would expect, but without such a huge hike in volume. and as you say, it adds a little body to the singles. i never use it on distorted amps...motor drive is easily enough compression for those.

Good point. I never have it past 1.0. Typically 0.5.

That is one of those controls that could be re-scaled to give more usable range.

When I was a teenager in the 80s, my friends and I would always look at our heroes guitar rigs and say "we'll never be able to have that". Now I had the Axe-Fx rig years ago and my heroes and getting what I have. :) Saw Brit Floyd last night and both guitarists were using Fractal as well. Now when I got to shows, my first prep is to look at the stage and find those green lights.
I said pretty much the same thing to a buddy yesterday.

Back
Top Bottom