Axe-Fx II "Quantum" Rev 8.02 Firmware Release

It is incredible to believe that FA makes incredible equipment that has re-cretated the definition of tone and it is revolutionizing the way musicians from all walks of life are creating music with an incredible piece of gear that is superior than anything that is ever created. Even harder to believe, the continued effort to improve and improve the products with firmware and additions, at no cost!!! That is passion, commitment to excellence and a gracious leadership.
Each firmware does something so amazing to my tone and I am forever grateful and looking forward to the next FA product (s).

Again Thank you!!!

Mark I/II:
www.fractalaudio.com/downloads/firmware-presets/axe-fx-2/Quantum/8.0/AxeFx2_Quantum_8p02.zip

XL:
www.fractalaudio.com/downloads/firmware-presets/axe-fx-2/Quantum/8.0/AxeFx2_XL_Quantum_8p02.zip

XL+:
www.fractalaudio.com/downloads/firmware-presets/axe-fx-2/Quantum/8.0/AxeFx2_XLplus_Quantum_8p02.zip

Release Notes:

Added (at Kirk Hammett’s request) modifier capability to the output compression parameter (“COMP”) in the Amp block (previously named “OUTPUT COMP”).

Added five new factory cabs (XL and XL+ only). These custom mixes represent a small sample of the world-class IRs now available from Celestion. The full IR packages can be purchased at their new website: www.celestionplus.com

Fixed bug where presets that use a User Cab(s) and were saved under earlier firmware versions might have the incorrect User Cab(s) assigned when recalled on later firmware.
Thank's Cliff!
Any new cab for the original Axe-fx II in the near future?

@FractalAudio - Cliff thanks so much. I've been using the Celestion IR's for a while now and really like them but your mixes always amaze me. Wish I had ears like you!

So out of curiosity I bought the Celestion V30 IR bundle. Since my last tube amp was an open back 1x12 with a V30 I did a mix up in Cab Lab that was quite pleasing to my ear on the BE V2 and the Brit 800 #34.

Mix as follows...

V30 112 O SM57 Balanced - 0dB
V30 112 O SM57 Rear - -9dB
V30 112 O TLM 107 RoomR - -12dB

So to Clarify, I use very few presets with Kirk, It is all about maximizing Scenes, We have so many "Hangs" into the next song that I can't interrupt the sustain with a preset change, We don't change the basic guitar tone much as this would affect the front of house sound on a song by song basis, We are LOUD and that means we have to provide "Big Mick " with a consistent sound he can manage. When M@ turned me onto the output compression available recently, I loved it for the lead sound but not so much for the Rhythm/Crunch sound. Tomorrow I should be able to "Scene Switch " this on and off, or maybe just different amounts, I have not seen it yet, but will experiment with it tomorrow in Foxborough Gillette Stadium, On the World Wired tour. Just so as we are all on the same page, We do pay attention to what goes on at Fractal and we listen to this board and we are part of this community, even if we are not always that vocal. Thanks M@ Cliff and all.

J

Release Notes:

Added (at Kirk Hammett’s request) modifier capability to the output compression parameter (“COMP”) in the Amp block (previously named “OUTPUT COMP”).

Just so as we are all on the same page, We do pay attention to what goes on at Fractal and we listen to this board and we are part of this community, even if we are not always that vocal. Thanks M@ Cliff and all.

J
Your (the royal Metallica We) input benefits us all, so thank you.

We are here and we are a part of this
IMG_6148.jpg

So to Clarify, I use very few presets with Kirk, It is all about maximizing Scenes

Thanks for the look under the hood; was a great read and it's interesting to see how you guys are working the rig into the overall show.

Am curious, do you run a dedicated lead preset, or do you just manipulate scenes/amp settings, etc. on one of your main presets?

I can see how the new COMP modifier feature would assist in tweaking an existing amp/preset to get it into a lead voicing/level/feel via scenes.

Last edited:
So to Clarify, I use very few presets with Kirk, It is all about maximizing Scenes, We have so many "Hangs" into the next song that I can't interrupt the sustain with a preset change, We don't change the basic guitar tone much as this would affect the front of house sound on a song by song basis, We are LOUD and that means we have to provide "Big Mick " with a consistent sound he can manage. When M@ turned me onto the output compression available recently, I loved it for the lead sound but not so much for the Rhythm/Crunch sound. Tomorrow I should be able to "Scene Switch " this on and off, or maybe just different amounts, I have not seen it yet, but will experiment with it tomorrow in Foxborough Gillette Stadium, On the World Wired tour. Just so as we are all on the same page, We do pay attention to what goes on at Fractal and we listen to this board and we are part of this community, even if we are not always that vocal. Thanks M@ Cliff and all.

J

Release Notes:

Very cool! See you guys June 4th in St Louis Missouri!

Thanks once again, Cliff & team!

So I talked to Kirk and he said he wanted his Randall KH103 modeled too. ;)

(Can't blame a guy for trying, right? :p)

Dangit! You beat me to the punch! I was sitting here trying to conjure up something I'd like added to my AFX so I could make a similar joke, and try as I might, I kept drawing a blank. There's already so much goodness in this magic black box that I couldn't think of what I'd like to be added.

What is a practical application for that? I'd have no idea what to do with that and how it might benefit me...

adding "....modifier capability to the output compression parameter"

What a great idea!

And such a coincidence that Kirk happened to think of it right after me.

Just kidding. Simply brilliant addition!

Perfect beginning to a long 4 day weekend! Thank you!

Last edited:
Tomorrow I should be able to "Scene Switch " this on and off, or maybe just different amounts, I have not seen it yet, but will experiment with it tomorrow in Foxborough Gillette Stadium, On the World Wired tour.
Wow, a huge lab I would say!
Is nice to see that your sound is alive and evolving

Back
Top Bottom