Axe-Fx II "Quantum" Rev 8.00 Firmware Release

sounds great! Now we just need a new METAL amp to balance out things. The EC, Hook and such sound great but not when I'm thrashing out some chunk nastiness! LOVE Q8! :)WOOH!!!:smilingimp:

+1 million! It's great that another new model is being added but when are us high-gainiacs gonna get a new amp? I'd love to see some more high-gain amps added, like a Fortin Natas or ENGL Invader II!

Everything sounds great here with the update... Swart, Scout, Tweed problems fixed. Brit Brown always been a favorite.

Onward!

I don't use this amp but I checked it out after the fix and I had the Shimmer in my chain and that amp is beastly! Was it always?

Brit Brown lost its charm in Q7.00 and has now regained it.

Why is Shimmer relevant?

Brit Brown lost its charm in Q7.00 and has now regained it.

Why is Shimmer relevant?
I assumed the Brit was not real gainy and I was flipping through amps and I tried it and it was heavy sounding but I realized the Shimmer was engaged. Not real relevant but with the Shimmer drive it seemed like a higher gain amp.

It is usually difficult for me to really detect the nuances of each new firmware since I am usually using some kind of high gain, but this time I happened to be using a preset with a deluxe verb amp and it seems to have more gain after the update? This amp seems really smooth now. Anyway I am just wondering, it is easily tweakable.

Hi,
I have this great piece of rock since nearly one year and I am happy with it.
Update Q7 was great, but his blows me away.
Thank you

sounds great! Now we just need a new METAL amp to balance out things. The EC, Hook and such sound great but not when I'm thrashing out some chunk nastiness! LOVE Q8! :)WOOH!!!:smilingimp:
Was thinking similar thoughts (not that we *need* anything :D)! Would love a new heavy amp; feels like it has been a while for a new heavyweight... my FAS Doom suggestion in the WL thread would make a fine addition; for example!:cool:

Is it true I should unplug all midi cables before updating? I know I read that once, thanks.

Back
Top Bottom