Axe-Fx II "Quantum" Rev 7.02 Firmware Release

Here you go: an acoustic sim. Played with the neck pickup on my Strat.

Preset and IR attached. Created on XL. Granted, it's not a single block.
Edit the Resonator or PEQ block to get rid of resonance frequencies.
Excellent work Yek!!!

Now this is the best acoustic sound from a non acoustic I've ever heard.
If my eyes were closed I wouldn't know.
Not the greatest performance by them but great musicians nonetheless.

My JTV has really nice acoustics as well, if you dial them in properly (which I've never really tried to do).

This is by far the best vid from RRHOF I've seen yet... looking forward to the HBO next week :) Howe gets great tone from his old Variax and an HD500... go figure.

Can someone convert this into a Mark I / II preset? Or how would you do that? Thanks!

Thanks for posting this. I enjoyed it, good to see that Jon Anderson is sharing the stage with them and having a good time, and that Trevor Rabin's position in the mix isn't offending him too greatly - I'm sure they performed some of his era material, right? But it brings to mind how much of an irreplaceable vocal presence Chris Squire had in the band - as in these sorts of groups generally, the music would not have been possible without all of the core individuals. Also, Steve Howe's timing is ever apparent and magical.

But the acoustic guitar simulations I've gotten out of the Axe FX do not sound quite that good, and possibly its more due to my playing than the actual timbre.

Does an off the shelf Variax acoustic sound, sound like that?

I have that exact same model (and color) Variax. The pickup started getting a bit wonky, so now I don't use the Variax circuitry at all, and just use it as a platform for my Roland GR-55, which I think does an equal or better acoustic simulation. Great-playing axe, though.

I have that exact same model (and color) Variax. The pickup started getting a bit wonky, so now I don't use the Variax circuitry at all, and just use it as a platform for my Roland GR-55, which I think does an equal or better acoustic simulation. Great-playing axe, though.
Just a little heads up really, if the pickup is playing up on a Variax, you can reset it through Workbench, I had this issue with a customers Variax 600, there are a few threads online on how to do it

Just a little heads up really, if the pickup is playing up on a Variax, you can reset it through Workbench, I had this issue with a customers Variax 600, there are a few threads online on how to do it

Thanks...I'll check it out. It's been a while, but as I recall one of the bridge saddles was going intermittent.

Back OT: Loving Q7.02! It'll take me quite a while to explore all the new coolness Cliff & Co. have built into this one.

Back
Top Bottom