Axe-Fx II "Quantum" Rev 7.02 Firmware Release

I'm going through new firmware withdrawal symptoms. C'mon Cliff give us a hint of what's In the works for 7.03. I can't imagine you don't have something new you are gnawing on.

I play with my old band one or two times per year due to distance, since I moved away. It's a pleasure to play through our usual sets of our old songs every time with the latest FW. And every time I get more compliments for the sound. I have maybe a half an hour to dive into my presets and tweak them for the band mix in contrary to my bedroom settings like I've prepared them. It's interesting that I end up with totally different amp models for live playing than I would expect. For example for all this high gain stuff we play, instead of Euro Uber or a Dizzy V4 or an Angle Severe, which are my "amps to go", the 1987X Jump cuts trough like crazy. I came to this model only by chance while watching an Marshall models comparison video on Youtube. Although I was disappointed that I can't use these prepared presets, it was such a fun to play with this newly discovered model. Why do those models sound so different on different levels?

At the risk of sounding a little cheeky - Can we get modifier control of tempo-fixed time values?? My amps sound totally awesome, and I am eternally grateful for the continuing improvements but would love more fx/modifier flexibility!

At the risk of sounding a little cheeky - Can we get modifier control of tempo-fixed time values?? My amps sound totally awesome, and I am eternally grateful for the continuing improvements but would love more fx/modifier flexibility!
Trying to parse this ask: you want the ability to change the time division via a modifier? To be able to go from, say, 1/4 divisions to 1/16 divisions for example?

I'm still waiting for an independent Acoustic Simulator block :( achieving that sparkly clean sound needs more cpu power and knob tweaking than what can be done with a single block.

I'm still waiting for an independent Acoustic Simulator block :( achieving that sparkly clean sound needs more cpu power and knob tweaking than what can be done with a single block.
There are a few presets out there that sound amazing, with little tweaking. I downloaded one and tweaked it tone wise and added a subtle octave tones for my PRS with Ghost system. When I switch to Piezo, and choose this preset, I have a great acoustic tone with a hint of 12 string.

Please do not turn this into a wish list. I understand that new FW on the horizon is kind of like a drug here, but this one is SO good that why don't we have a bit of time where we enjoy it.

Keep in mind if Cliff put out 4 FW updates a year, it's still 4 more than 99% of other manufacturers.

Trying to parse this ask: you want the ability to change the time division via a modifier? To be able to go from, say, 1/4 divisions to 1/16 divisions for example?
Exactly, If you're playing to a bpm and your expression pedal can cycle through a pre-selected list of time-synced values it would be great for all sorts of things. Or how about assigning the sequencer to trigger different time-synced values across a bar or two? Many possibilities but it sounds way better if its all locked to the tempo sometimes rather than just arbitrary millisecond values -which also have their place - but cause a bit of a wash rather than a rhythmic effect

Please do not turn this into a wish list. I understand that new FW on the horizon is kind of like a drug here, but this one is SO good that why don't we have a bit of time where we enjoy it.

Keep in mind if Cliff put out 4 FW updates a year, it's still 4 more than 99% of other manufacturers.
Appologies, just wanted to answer the question above in relation to my post. Now I'll stop.

Here you go: an acoustic sim. Played with the neck pickup on my Strat.

Preset and IR attached. Created on XL. Granted, it's not a single block.
Edit the Resonator or PEQ block to get rid of undesired resonant frequencies.

Attachments

• yek - ACOUSTIC SIM (XL).syx
    12.6 KB · Views: 110
  • gtrbody_XL.syx
    10.6 KB · Views: 82
Last edited:
Yek,
Excellent sounding preset! Is the gtrbody the one that's been floating around for several years or is this one you made?

Back
Top Bottom