Axe-Fx II "Quantum" Rev 7.02 Firmware Release

Motor Drive Cheat Sheet:
  • You use cab simulation on all of your outputs: Amp Block
  • You do not use cab simulation on your outputs: Turn it off
  • You use cab simulation on an FOH line out and No Cab Sim on a line out to a guitar cab: Cab block
Thumb rules of course, you can always experiment.

I can not find Motor drive in amp block, Motor drive in cab block shows 0, when I reset current drive on the cab, Motor drive shows 6.7
Please advise.
Thanks

I can not find Motor drive in amp block, Motor drive in cab block shows 0, when I reset current drive on the cab, Motor drive shows 6.7
Please advise.
Thanks
I knew I was forgetting something:
Cheatsheet Addendum:
The AMP BLOCK motor drive can ONLY be set from the front panel until Axe-Edit is updated.

Super excited about the diffusion in the MTD block!!! This will make a big improvement in CPU and flexibility of my presets!!! I'm Ax8 though...

not sure about "either". they're similar, but the amp block is better, because it uses the resonant frequency info from the speaker page and has a variable time constant parameter, but the cab block uses fixed values

How do I know Motor drive is being used either by amp block or cab block?
how should I adjust the Motor drive on either one?
Thanks

I've started using the Optical Comp after the Cab and the volume of the presets drops about 6 or more dB. Do I correct the volume with the "Level" in the Comp block or should I increase the Level in the Amp block, which means I run Level than on about "0" ?
A good policy is to correct the level in the block that's messing up your level.

How do I know Motor drive is being used either by amp block or cab block?
how should I adjust the Motor drive on either one?
Thanks

look at the "motor drive" parameters. if they're set to zero, it's off. there's tons of info in this thread about it, but as a rule of thumb, turn up motor drive until you see 3db of gain reduction for american speakers and 6db of reduction for uk speakers

The situation with motor drive options in both the AMP block and the CAB block is just crying out for a table! :)

View attachment 38912

I think #7 should be Cab-Lab or other IR loader - Use in Amp block. It's obvious now but that sort of thing wasn't even possible until this update. :D. Was the only thing missing when using Cab-Lab instead of the on-board cab block, in my opinion.

Axe Edit doesn't seem to like this firmware very much. Lots of timeouts, basically unusable. Anyone else experiencing this? The update sounds great though!

Back
Top Bottom