Axe-Fx II "Quantum" Rev 7.01 Firmware Release

To the best of my knowledge his statement about the gain knob is wrong - it is not input gain, it is output gain, although it is weird to have output gain placed on the left.

@FractalAudio could you tell a little bit more about how much LA2a is in the new optocomps. Do you have a bit of tube emulation in there. The new optocomps doesn't quite have the release characteristics of an LA2a, as far as I can tell.

Curious: Was there any work done on the CPU issue? I've been running a patch at 93% for the last 20 minutes, Axe Edit running, and no issues at all.

I usually see the crazed behaviour.
Oddly enough, I just upgraded to 7.01 from Q4 (I know, late bloomer), and my main preset is using more CPU than it usually does. I'm running at 91% (typically around 86% usually), and mine is going nuts. Sounds like I'm trying to make bad EDM. If I lose the Pitch block and lower the CPU percentage, everything sounds fine, but I'm a little lost on how I'm using more CPU now suddenly.

I'm also hearing some odd noises I'm not used to hearing when using a boosted high gain lead patch (even with the volume of the guitar all the way down)

Anyone have any thoughts/suggestions other than rolling back?

To the best of my knowledge his statement about the gain knob is wrong - it is not input gain, it is output gain, although it is weird to have output gain placed on the left.

I thought fixed threshold comps, like the LA-2A, did use input gain to drive the circuit above the fixed threshold.

The output gain also goes up, but that control is to push the input above the fixed threshold and engage the compression.

I actually don't think, this is a fixed threshold compressor.

I don't have an actual LA-2a, but on both my Waves simulation (CLA-2a) and my Cakewalk simulation (CA-2a), the gain reduction is completely independent of the gain setting

Back
Top Bottom