Axe-Fx II "Quantum" Rev 7.01 Firmware Release

On an LA-2A the "Gain" knob is output makeup gain.

Again you know what your doing!
For me as a relatively unbright person and i'm not biased in any way, i think it's good to learn from the best and what i mean by that is, helping me to understand whats going on without too much gobbledegook (leo translation Lol ) so beneath Cliff there are some others bestis in their field :)
Lets increase our learning curve...
https://www.recordingrevolution.com/the-simple-guide-to-compression/

Last edited:
Again you know what your doing!
For me as a relatively unbright person and i'm not biased in any way, i think it's good to learn from the best and what i mean by that is, helping me to understand whats going on without too much gobbledegook (leo translation Lol ) so beneath Cliff there are some others bestis in their field :)
Lets increase our learning curve...
https://www.recordingrevolution.com/the-simple-guide-to-compression/
Particularly the vid on threshold and ratio is very, very, very well put. Basically a threshold and ratio for dummies, that many musicians who aren't dummies could stand to watch. I like his working: "So what you wanna do my friend, is..." I used to have a guitar teacher that always called everyone "my friend". Always gave me a warm feeling. Unfortunately he wasn't female, so he was the wrong half of the ratio to be within my threshold to let that warm feeling spread below the -10db marker. i.e. my chin. There, I think the terms are clear...

Particularly the vid on threshold and ratio is very, very, very well put. Basically a threshold and ratio for dummies, that many musicians who aren't dummies could stand to watch. I like his working: "So what you wanna do my friend, is..." I used to have a guitar teacher that always called everyone "my friend". Always gave me a warm feeling. Unfortunately he wasn't female, so he was the wrong half of the ratio to be within my threshold to let that warm feeling spread below the -10db marker. i.e. my chin. There, I think the terms are clear...

Wow i like your way to see and react to "things". Not my threshold below either Lol and i have no problem seeing myself as a dummy.
I'm not a native english speaker so maybe that's a plus to get over the non-scientific easy or dummy or gay way of explanations.
At the end information that sticks is good information for me and his mixing stuff is perfect for me as a non-professional :)

Wow i like your way to see and react to "things". Not my threshold below either Lol and i have no problem seeing myself as a dummy.
I'm not a native english speaker so maybe that's a plus to get over the non-scientific easy or dummy or gay way of explanations.
At the end information that sticks is good information for me and his mixing stuff is perfect for me as a non-professional :)
I don't mean to turn this into a thread about learning compression techniques, but the vids by Fab Filter and Mix Master's long class may be interesting for some too. Its more geared to recording, but downward versus upward compression shorted my circuits out for awhile until I saw these two vids. .

I don't mean to turn this into a thread about learning compression techniques, but the vids by Fab Filter and Mix Master's long class may be interesting for some too. Its more geared to recording, but downward versus upward compression shorted my circuits out for awhile until I saw these two vids. .

Thx for the info! Since i use UAD Plugins i'm aware of what finished mixes do to the tone of our beloved instrument.
No way to compare this with the "pure" instrument sound out of any amp/cab etc.
Anytime i read threads like how can i sound like .... and the example is sound from a commercial album makes me smile (now!)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom