Axe-Fx II "Quantum" Rev 7.00 Public Beta #2

My initial impression with my usual patches (unaltered) is that there's an illusion of less gain. It seems to be not an actual reduction in gain, but increased clarity and dynamics, and it's forcing me to adjust my playing. Interesting. Not sure what to make of it yet.

Edit 1: The more I play, the better it gets. The differences between the flavors of modded Marshalls is much more evident....more flattering to some/less to others. Atomica is just pissed off now, and in a really good way. The Friedman's sound more crisp and detailed. I'm loving this!

Edit 2: Some of my patches are randomly coming up with a Rotory block enabled where there shouldn't be.

Edit 3: I keep getting stuck on amps that I used to pass by. The detail is astonishing.

Last edited:
Sweetness! The Dynamics are out of this world.
I just so happened to have been recently creating a few patches using the CCV, Corncobber & V4.
After reading the Release Notes I fired up the Corncob that I had recently created, did a refresh on it & damn, got lost over the last half-hour, the feel, dynamics & harmonic content just keep getting better & better. Absolutely love how freakishly rich and responsive with a three-dimensional fidelity the AxeFX is.
Mind Bogglingly Amazing

I didn't make note of before and after values to be sure but it seems like CPU use may be down slightly on average in my presets.

Haven't had a chance to hear yet, but, the Release Notes are mind blowing !!!
Much appreciation and thanks for a great gift, FAS.

Guys, the improvements in this release are major.

I tested with the Plexi 50W Hi 1 model. Switching between Q7 and Q6 modeling, there's an immediate difference in tone. The texture is richer and more complex, like a velvet wrapper around the sound. The high end sings like a classically-trained soprano.

Y'all are gonna have fun with this one.

Another fantastic update, even easier to dial in great tones. I am going to need to revisit a lot of amps again because there are some big improvements, I am getting great tones from close to default settings.

I don't usually comment on firmware updates but this one is really Special, thank you Cliff and Company for your hard work and dedication to continuous improvement.

Just spent about two hours jamming on Q7 Beta 2. Changes from the last few updates has been somewhat subtle, but this one's got some kind of mojo going on. I dig it a lot. The low end sounds more beefy and lively without being too boomy. Gonna be some sore fingers this weekend.

My SG is transformed in clean patches - high end really coming through much stronger. On distorted patches, sustaining leads are stronger, and distortions sound more 3d. Again, as I often feel with amp block improvements, all the FX seem to sound better. 2 hours to re-adjust 15 patches and I'm still on #1 happily noodling.

Nice update - Thanks

Replaced factory cab #62 with new “4x12 Greenback (LM)” from the “Larry Mitchell: Accurate” session.
Is there any way to export this cab so we can still use it? I love the V30 for high gain patches.

I will wait for the full release but I'm so excited about the updates! Thanks Fractal!

Back
Top Bottom