Axe-Fx II "Quantum" Rev 7.00 Public Beta #2

wow !!! this is a substantial improvement
I did not expect it to be so much better ..
held off from trying the first beta because I was so happy with 6.xx
and finally broke down today and tried beta 2 .. (would think I should have learned by now, that it really can get better, I really didn't think it would be that obvious change for the better)
Of course, I have only tried a couple of amps so far, but they all sounded better

:)

Thanks again FAS and Cliff and beta team

Since I recently started using my II for gigging, I can no longer try betas :( Keep the comments coming so I know what I'm missing.
Just load it up and re-select the amp.blocks, give them a go and then re-install the previous firmware and you're good to gig like it was.

Just load it up and re-select the amp.blocks, give them a go and then re-install the previous firmware and you're good to gig like it was.
...as long as you don't Save after you re-select the amps.

What style (genre) of playing will benefit the most from the changes, or will all styles benefit equally? For example, my amp setting of choice is something right at the edge of breakup so that I can use dynamics and/or the guitar volume to go from clean to slightly overdriven. Does the update favor hi-gain amps and settings?

What style (genre) of playing will benefit the most from the changes, or will all styles benefit equally? For example, my amp setting of choice is something right at the edge of breakup so that I can use dynamics and/or the guitar volume to go from clean to slightly overdriven. Does the update favor hi-gain amps and settings?
This firmware update is huge on distortion characteristics. IMO, low- to mid-gain tones ate always more revealing of distortion nuances.

Totally digging Brit mod, loving the be and hbe also, they still have a load of low-end but are tight and chubbier. Loving this so far!

Heck, nearly all of my favorite amps sound much better. One possible exception is the Bogner XTC. I used to have a few patches with it, and I can't seem to get them back to where they were, let alone better. It's probably just my lack of tweaking skills....

Surprised no one has commented on the MarkIV models ;)
Now that you mentioned it, I had updated all my "Mesa" presets by reselecting the Amp Block and setting my 5 band Eq and what not, and definitely heard an awesome change, but since you did not mention any changes to those amps in particular I thought maybe it was my ears playing tricks on me after hours of playing last night.!!

Back
Top Bottom