Axe-Fx II "Quantum" Rev 7.00 Public Beta #2

OMG, as others have noticed, this is not a small release. I can hear a very nice added complexity to the sound of the distortion/breakup in general. The complexity is wonderful and as others have mentioned is almost 3d and swirly. Good adjectives to describe what I feel. The pick dynamics seem a little better too. We seem to get closer on smoothing out some of that harder pick attack from previous firmware. Very nicely done and I so appreciate all you do! :)
HUGE thanks Cliff and crew!

I'm glad you mentioned that, as I thought it was just me. So can you now set a much lower gain and not get a clacky/thumpy pick attack?

love the dynamic improvement with JVM green/org.
The highs are smoother too.
need to get into all the others... harrg good WE to all of us !

Hey all

Been away from my Axe XL [ FW 6 ] for a few weeks as been working on other stuff so probably wont do an upgrade for another week or so .... as such .....

=> can people please post some 1:1 comparison clips between FW 6 amps at stock "Cntrl + i" factory reset -vs- FW 7b2 amps at stock "Cntrl + i" factory reset using the same guitar, cabs, riffs etc...... so we can hear the changes ?

Thanks,
Ben

Anyone out there brave enough to make a very simple AB comparison?
I'm a masochist and am decidedly waiting for the official launch.

Also curious about the Brit 800 Mod changes. I really loved the one that was already in there, so how does this new version compare?

Sure? I've verified in cab-lab and the export done with voxengo looks identical in both frequency and time domain..

Wow the distortion is so smooth! Amazing update.

Is it me or this update sounds more stereo/3d?
around here, its never just you.........if someone doesn't think this may be the most significant improvement since the Quantum thing began..listen again, with freshly-made presets (start with amp/cab only)

I did a (really) quick AB between the diezel VH4 Ch3 in Q7b1 then b2, while the the core tonality is very similar the differences I'm hearing and seeing are that b2 is way more dynamic at the same settings. It also feels less congested in the low end and punchier across the spectrum. I think I'm gonna put something together in the next couple hours to showcase the beta in a full mix context though.

thanks fam

I did a (really) quick AB between the diezel VH4 Ch3 in Q7b1 then b2, while the the core tonality is very similar the differences I'm hearing and seeing are that b2 is way more dynamic at the same settings. It also feels less congested in the low end and punchier across the spectrum. I think I'm gonna put something together in the next couple hours to showcase the beta in a full mix context though.

Surprised no one has commented on the MarkIV models ;)
I think the reason is fairly self explanatory... unless ya started off playing using the MarkIV right after the install of this new FW, it's kind of hard to just flip over to another preset/amp cause it sounds so freakin good.
I lost a few hours to only 2 Amps, (the Corncob & CCV)!!
Genius work :)

You are early risers, here in Spain is 13:32 PM and I can't wait to come home and ride this second beta:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom