Axe-Fx II "Quantum" Rev 4.01 Public Beta

I will be a life long FAS user and supporter as well. Already using ax8 and axe2 and couldn't be happier. I just think we can still give the mark 1 and 2 are fx 2s a chance to get newest updates. At the end of the day, I trust Cliff's judgement on this matter. FAS rules.

+1 on removing older Firmware Versions, I have all the older versions on my mac anyway! I can always upload an older version if need be!
Another +1. I don't see any downside here... I always just move forward with new versions and I keep the old syx files if I ever really felt compelled to roll back (even though I never have).

The FW switching just becomes an XL/XL+ only feature and us Mki/II guys get to continue the ride for at least a little while longer. in that scenario. Dudes who want to live in the past can stop updating. ;)

I can't imagine any Mk1/2 owners being peeved over that trade off. Total slam dunk.

All that said, FAS has been AWESOME and the units sound insane at the current rev.

It would free up space. Invariably someone would complain though.

You can't make it right to everybody, Cliff. Most of us don't need previous modeling versions and no matter what you do, someone will eventually be pissed off.

That said, I and the probably the vast majority of the people here really appreciate your work. Thanks very very much for you dedication to this product and its community.

Yeah, I'm considering selling if there no more updates... but I was saving for a AFx III
I might get an ax8 meanwhile waiting for the next gen

I think the majority of the users prefer support for Mark I/II instead of ability to change the modeling version.

Big +1 on that. Besides, it seems kind of contradictory for someone who prefers older modeling versions to also be wanting the latest firmware updates (besides access to new amp models). IMO, for those who want older modeling versions, use older firmwares. The rest of us MKII users who do prefer all the latest advances would be extremely grateful to be kept on board.

If future XL updates contain features I really would want, I might consider upgrading at that time. For now, the Mk1 suits me fine. Not in a position to upgrade now anyway - got money almost literally going out the window in repairs after the hurricane. :eek:

It would free up space. Invariably someone would complain though.

If its in the interest of allowing us older version users to stay in the loop, I think the complainers would be outnumbered. Anyone with aspirations of retaining version choice could stay on this latest release. I think a lot of us would be interested in getting performance enhancements without new amp models if that's an option.

either way, I'm not going to get bitter about it.

Would another option be to just remove the oldest version selection? So for each update you can only select the last 3-5 versions for example? That would allow us to still get upgrades and go back up to 3 versions or something for comparison.

Would another option be to just remove the oldest version selection? So for each update you can only select the last 3-5 versions for example? That would allow us to still get upgrades and go back up to 3 versions or something for comparison.

Have you ever looked at that parameter? It's not that it currently allows you to go back 32 revisions ...

I finally had a chance to give the 4.01 Public Beta a try.

Wow! The Hook has such a sweet voice! :). And I can take her from a sweet clean song through a roar and into a throaty scream—and land predictably anywhere between those extremes—just by varying my pick attack. It feels like squeezing out the notes instead of picking them. I'm loving this!

Back
Top Bottom