Axe-Fx II "Quantum" Rev 4.01 Public Beta

Overdrive (specifically the 808) seems smoother to me, like the cocked wah sound is gone. Sounds more like a real TS9, at least from what I remember. I'm cool with this being the last firmware for my Mark I. Recto 2 fixes and overdrive improvements make me wonder if they had me in mind. :-D

The new Hook is awesome - both channels. I love it and look forward to getting the clean channel as well.

It seems to me that the Axe II is reaching maturity and I don't see that Cliff can do much more to improve the tone as the amps sound so good anyway nowadays. When you look at how much we have received from the launch of the Axe II, then compared to other products, we must be on Axe V by now. As a device, it is unrecognisable both in function and in quality of tone from launch. It is also a hell of a lot easier to get great tone than it used to be as well. I feel like I've had great value for money.

I don't really understand all the talk of limited shelf life and being obsolete. If there is never another update, what am I missing? It will sound as good next year as it does today.

I've had some sort of guitar rack preamp / effects gear since I bought Roland's GP-8 when it was released in the 80s. The majority of these products never received any upgrades. Of the few that did receive upgrades most never received increased functionality and I don't recall any that added significant new functionality without charging for it.

I'd have been content with the Axe FX II at the price of admission when I first received mine circa FX 6.x. If we'd had no updates and the current FW was introduced as a new product I'd have happily sold my original Mark I and purchased the new product thinking it was a bargain given the improvements.

Whenever the Axe FX III is announced I'll happily add my name to the wait list not because the II is lacking or because my meager skills merit an upgrade, but solely because of the amazing support Cliff and the FAS team provide their customers. Thanks to you guys, it's much appreciated.
It would free up space. Invariably someone would complain though.
Upgrade the boot rom and the AXE II goes on fo the next XXXXXyears

Yes, but it's in the thousands. However we are approaching the firmware size limit for the Mark I/II version. This may be the last firmware for the Mark I/II because there isn't anymore space left in the boot ROM.

Big Bummer Bomb....:(
I will not be able to replace my Mark I.
It's fantastic as it is, but being sidelined as the journey continues for the XL/XL+ crowd will hurt.
Here's hoping for another Cliff epiphany, this time regarding the Mark I/II boot ROM.:)

Per

Back
Top Bottom