Axe-Fx II "Quantum" Rev 4.01 Public Beta

A little off topic. This question may have already been answered before, but is there a limit to the number of amp models that the Axe-Fx II can hold? Just curious.

A little off topic. This question may have already been answered before, but is there a limit to the number of amp models that the Axe-Fx II can hold? Just curious.

Yes, but it's in the thousands. However we are approaching the firmware size limit for the Mark I/II version. This may be the last firmware for the Mark I/II because there isn't anymore space left in the boot ROM.

So excited about 4.01 but have errands to run. Can't hardly wait too try.

Just when u think the sky is the limit with the AxeFx, u find other dimensions and a multiverse of options to explore.

Any word on how the improved drive block clipping algorithms sound? Looking forward to these but I'm on the AX8 and FX8 so it may be a while before I can try them.

Any thougths on the new clipping algorithms for the drive block?

Now that you are on the dutch amps - Any chance for any Koch amps (I love the StudioTone to death)

I have very little luck with the drive pedals in the Ax (I never used many drives with real amps, so that may be why), but if they became much better, I might use them more.

Any thougths on the new clipping algorithms for the drive block?

Now that you are on the dutch amps - Any chance for any Koch amps (I love the StudioTone to death)

I have very little luck with the drive pedals in the Ax (I never used many drives with real amps, so that may be why), but if they became much better, I might use them more.

Try them. My opinion doesn't matter.

Yes, but it's in the thousands. However we are approaching the firmware size limit for the Mark I/II version. This may be the last firmware for the Mark I/II because there isn't anymore space left in the boot ROM.

:eek::eek::eek:

Ah well, it's not like I'm not happy with it at this point.

not thrilled to read that..... but I knew it was coming eventually

Cliff, I think the end of your message got cut off.

"there isn't anymore space left in the boot ROM, so I'm going to upgrade all the factory cabs to UltraRes, and then that will be all she wrote."

;)

Are we safe with a XL+ for the time being?

Except for bug fixes and Quantum revs, right? I have far more amps than I can possibly use as it is.

Maybe a new paradigm where the base FW is in there with an app that we can use to selectively flash it with a list of amps we want in the box maybe "check the boxes" and flash the FW with just the amps I want to use, and it can tell me how much room I have left.

That's the greatest trick you could pull to mitigate the issue.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom