Axe-Fx II "Quantum" Rev 4.01 Public Beta

Has anyone experienced a problem with the Class-A 30W Brt amp with Firmware 4?
I use it on one patch and had to increase the Level to -3db to match the volume of other amps in my presets. I reloaded this amp in a new preset and the volume is still extraordinarily low.

Alright !!

Just got home and checked around here and voila !

Cliff - as always HUGE thank you !!

Guthrie Govan?

I saw him play here in Melbourne just a couple of nights ago, he used a Victory V30...here's a pic of his rig.

And look, what's that he's got down there on the floor...

Attachments

• Guthrie Melb .jpg
    Guthrie Melb .jpg
    187.3 KB · Views: 218
That HOOK is my amp that I sent to Cliff for modeling it and using it in the new firmware. I did a tour with Guthrie and Jose de Castro through Holland and Germany a couple of years ago and then we all played through this amp. It's my main amp for some time now when I play live. It's capable of smooth distortion but also bluesy lead tones. We used a 2 x 12" HOOK cabinet with V30's at that time.

Is the Hook Captain 34 Guthrie's amp?

I use smaller cabinets with G12 M Greenbacks and the 4 x 12" cabinet has Celestion V30's. I would recommend to try both to see what fits your taste. V30's have more of a sizzling high that's suitable if you are looking for a more high gain rock sound from the HOOK..

Which speakers would you recommend for the Hook Captain amp model?

Attachments

• IMG_6165.jpg
    IMG_6165.jpg
    329.8 KB · Views: 72
Last edited:
Mark I/II:
www.fractalaudio.com/downloads/firmware-presets/axe-fx-2/Quantum/4.0/axefx2_Quantum_4p01beta.syx

XL:
www.fractalaudio.com/downloads/firmware-presets/axe-fx-2/Quantum/4.0/axefx2_xl_Quantum_4p01beta.syx

XL+:
www.fractalaudio.com/downloads/firmware-presets/axe-fx-2/Quantum/4.0/axefx2_xlplus_Quantum_4p01beta.syx

Release Notes:

Added “Legato 100” amp model based on a certain famous Carvin Legacy 100.

Added “Capt Hook” amp models based on a Hook Captain Classic 34. This amp uses a mu follower which yields a complex distortion with smooth decay. The “Rhy” model is based on channel 2 and the “Lead” model is based on channel 3. Both channels are modeled with the Edge switch on and the Boost switch off. To simulate the Boost switch use the Boost switch in the amp block as it has the same amount of gain.

Improved diode clipping algorithms in Drive block.

Fixed tone stack error in Recto 2 amp models.

Changed Presence knob taper in Recto1 Norm and Recto2 Vntg models to match actual amps.

Changed behavior of Amp block’s Preamp Comp when set to “Ideal” so that compression amount is roughly the same as when set to “Authentic”. If you are using the Ideal setting on a preset you may need to increase the Preamp Comp parameter value.

In my downloaded zip file is no fw syx file. Only amp presets from 257 - 351- is this correct.

I found the file ;)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom