Axe-Fx II "Quantum" Rev 4.00 Public Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's apropos.

I'm feeling that on my USA Lead preset for sure but I really need to drag myself off of it to test further :)

Are there any amps where the new modeling would be more apparent over others ?

Darn me for not paying attention! I missed at least 3 hours of playing on this tonight and now I have to go to bed soon! First impression is I'm loving what it does to the plexis. Seems slightly smoother and warmer maybe but not lacking any bite. I'll have to see how it sounds in a mix tomorrow. I can't comment on accuracy because it's been ages since I've played a real one and my ears are pretty shot anyways.

Nice! Try this with any Plexi type or a 65 Bass Guy.

I hear and feel a greazier tone, and more attitude and "BRAAAP" on pushed chords.

Hi all.

Just put 4B on - no problems - sounds great.

Found a possible (?) super minor glitch (?) in the Amp Block / Preamp page

=> if " Harmonics " is on a non-zero value and you then change the " Modelling Version " knob to Latest [ or any other version ] , the " Harmonics " auto-resets itself back to zero ......

No biggie at all ...... this may well be the intended way it operates, but just thought I'd mention it.

Ben

Hi all.

Just put 4B on - no problems - sounds great.

Found a possible (?) super minor glitch (?) in the Amp Block / Preamp page

=> if " Harmonics " is on a non-zero value and you then change the " Modelling Version " knob to Latest [ or any other version ] , the " Harmonics " auto-resets itself back to zero ......

No biggie at all ...... this may well be the intended way it operates, but just thought I'd mention it.

Ben

I believe it's "Working as intended" as different modeling versions have different defaults for that value.

Thank you FAS and Cliff for the continuous improvements.The fact that existing presets are not automaticaly updated is a nice feature.

Last edited:
Hmm i lost my bet (Plugins first...), thank god :D

I'm curious, how realer than real it gets this time :)

Last edited:
Ah thank you FAS! I love your pursuit of perfection!!

Now I have to get through my 13hours at work somehow!!! :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom